Talk

Advanced search

Eastenders has Dave Essex so, who would you like to see in Corrie?

(44 Posts)
kitkatya Mon 13-Jun-11 18:55:55

Im not so fussed about Michelle Collins coming in this week but, boy, Corrie needs some new decent actors/characters in it. I thought tonight that Maureen Lipman would add abit of Northern comedy into it. Then again, am I imagining it or, was she Ken Barlows girlfriend once upon a time?

bridgetmoans Mon 13-Jun-11 21:52:35

Maureen Lipman came in as a replacement briefly when the re-introduction of Bet Lynch went belly up iirc. 90s or 00s? can't remember.

I'd like to see Victoria Wood, you don't see or hear much of her nowadays.

Ideally? Julie Walters grin

kitkatya Mon 13-Jun-11 21:57:54

Or Sean Bean as a builder!

bridgetmoans Mon 13-Jun-11 22:20:14

Well if we're going down that road kitkatya I'd suggest Alfie Boe and Christopher Eccleston grin

kitkatya Mon 13-Jun-11 23:14:12

Paul mcgann as Gails new love interest?

MediumPretty Mon 13-Jun-11 23:17:16

Donny Osmond! He could do a turn at the pouncey bistro. And lodge with Eileen, everyone else does, I assume that's where baby Dylan will be staying.

Fimbo Mon 13-Jun-11 23:20:26

Martin Shaw could be Rosie's sugar daddy.

AnyFucker Mon 13-Jun-11 23:28:06

Bryan Ferry as Gail's new love interest

Unfortunately, he would have to die though, all the rest have

kitkatya Mon 13-Jun-11 23:31:48

Max beasley as the new cheeky window cleaner?

AnyFucker Mon 13-Jun-11 23:33:16

oh, Max Beesley !! < wets knickers >

kitkatya Mon 13-Jun-11 23:38:30

He's from Manchester, he hasn't done anything for awhile so I think he should seriously consider it. Plus, he plays the trumpet he could be the new live entertainment in the rovers on a Friday night. Christ knows it needs it. I'm really getting bored of Corrie. It could be so much better.

AnyFucker Mon 13-Jun-11 23:39:19

he could do me

he plays the drums too < swoon >

nicespam Tue 14-Jun-11 08:19:22

i bet morrissey would do it

kitkatya Tue 14-Jun-11 08:31:06

David morrissey I think would fit right in. He could do a flat share with Chris ecclestone. The mysterious neighbours.

nicespam Tue 14-Jun-11 08:53:36

i would definitely watch if those two were in it grin

kitkatya Tue 14-Jun-11 09:07:03

I'm warming to Martin Shaw being Rosies sugar daddy but, I also think Trevor Eve would be a good contender. He plays that part so well. Hell, she needs a sugar daddy. It's a good storyline.

kitkatya Tue 14-Jun-11 22:02:32

I really want Tina to find a nice lad to look after her. Im thinking Idris Elba could do a turn, he would be all manly and protective of her. I do want her to be happy!!

bridgetmoans Tue 14-Jun-11 22:12:01

Tina needs a rest from blokes for a while. Julie however......grin I think we should let her have Max Beesley. Sorry AF!

bridgetmoans Tue 14-Jun-11 22:12:52

Who the bloody hell is Idris Elba?

meditrina Tue 14-Jun-11 22:14:53

I'd quite like to see more of Mathew Baynton. He could fit into a number of possibilities. Please!

kitkatya Tue 14-Jun-11 22:22:21

Yes, you are right. He would look nice with Tina.

For Julie I think I am going to choose one of the Kemp brothers either or. They are both quite dapper.

I dont think the street is ready for Idris yet!! hes just abit too sexy.

LordOfTheFlies Wed 15-Jun-11 16:12:29

I was very sceptical when Bradley Walsh joined the cast but I bl**dy loved him!!

YY to Mathew Baynton as long as they don't cast him as a teacher.He looks like a teacher doesn't he?

katkitya Wed 15-Jun-11 20:01:03

Those were the days. I liked his wife, she was a good actress. Im surprised we havent seen more of her.

Talking of teachers, what about Andrew Lincoln as a teacher of course?

I wonder why dont show the schools more? Mind you, after the John Stape fiasco I dont know if thats a good idea! blush

BridgetMoans Wed 15-Jun-11 20:55:20

Do you mean Deborah Stephenson (Frankie Baldwin) katkitya? She was in Waterloo Road earlier, playing Robson Green's ex.

katkitya Thu 16-Jun-11 20:24:40

Cindy from Eastenders wouldnt have been my first choice for the new landlady. I wonder what accent she would have? Id rather see Coleen Nolan behind the bar!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now