Talk

Advanced search

Game of Thrones: the best thing on telly at the moment!

(98 Posts)
OracleInaCoracle Sat 11-Jun-11 23:10:06

I lurve it. am reading the book too, but trying to not peek ahead. I love Daenrys(sp) and Arya.

verytellytubby Mon 13-Jun-11 18:49:23

Brilliant. Love it.

HoldMeCloserTonyDanza Mon 13-Jun-11 22:38:41

NNNNEEEEEEDDDDD!

So sad!

I love Game of Thrones. I am in love with Jaime. I don't care if he did push a ten-year-old out a window, he is delish.

OracleInaCoracle Tue 14-Jun-11 07:32:41

oh god, I cried at last nights. I kind of figured that Ned would die (his type of character tends to) but it was still a bit of a shock. and I dont want Drogo to die I lust love him! jon snow is obviously very VERY important. I think he is the son of lyana and rhaegar, Ned knew that if Robert knew that he was the rightful heir to the throne (and the love of his life's son by a dragon) he would have killed him

TheSugarPlumFairy Tue 14-Jun-11 09:19:54

ahhh yes lissielou but remember "the seed is strong". All the Baratheons have black hair. The Targaryons were known for their white hair and violet eyes. I suspect that Jon may infact be Ilyana and Roberts son concieved before Rhaegar took her.

it would not suprise me if Jon and Danyeras end up in some kind of partnership to bring peace to Westeros. But i suspect that is still several books away.

OracleInaCoracle Tue 14-Jun-11 09:50:33

ah, but in the book it describes jon as looking more like a stark than any other others. I agree that danearys and jon will form an alliance and bring peace to the kingdom though. Im scared for danearys now. they should not have taken her into that tent!

zukiecat Thu 16-Jun-11 19:28:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OracleInaCoracle Thu 16-Jun-11 20:12:58

Oh god, I was thrilled that he got his comeuppance.

Psammead Fri 17-Jun-11 23:18:14

Ooh I love this show!

Am also reading the books and have the newest one on preorder.

midlandsmumof4 Sat 18-Jun-11 01:20:25

Only if you have Sky...envy

zukiecat Sat 18-Jun-11 22:00:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

befuzzled Sun 19-Jun-11 11:01:48

have you seen all the americans freaking out on youtube about Ned? quite funny. Cant wait for last episode - Drogo?

OracleInaCoracle Sun 19-Jun-11 14:50:24

I am really worried for drogo. i dont want him to die... sad

CheerfulYank Mon 20-Jun-11 05:08:02

It is the saddest thing in my life that I can't watch this right now. sad

I have loved the books and Peter Dinklage for years, and the thought of them combined is too much to bear! I don't have cable though, have to wait for the DVDS.

verytellytubby Mon 20-Jun-11 15:01:49

It really is the best thing on TV. I'm tempted to order the books but don't want to ruin the series.

I was reeling about Ned for about 2 hours!

OracleInaCoracle Mon 20-Jun-11 15:03:23

cheerfulyank, he is just brilliant in it. it should be repeated or out on dvd soon though.

verytelly, I had to stop reading because I was in line with the series and I dont want to ruin it for tonight!

Wolfgirl Mon 20-Jun-11 15:29:25

Hi there, can you tell me what channel it is on, and are there any catch up series? Need something to get into now Spiral et al has finished.

thank you smile

OracleInaCoracle Mon 20-Jun-11 15:32:19

hi wolfgirl, its on Sky Atlantic, dont know if they are still running repeats though.

Wolfgirl Mon 20-Jun-11 15:37:30

sad that makes sense, we don't have S.A any idea when it will be on 'normal' tv? thanks lissielou smile

Wolfgirl Mon 20-Jun-11 15:37:50

ps, we have Virgin cable though

CheerfulYank Mon 20-Jun-11 15:54:35

When will it be out on DVD? When, when ? <<weeps>> <<goes off to google>>

Xales Mon 20-Jun-11 16:49:15

I'm sorry but he sounds just like Victor Meldrew when he talks in GoT to me grin

katkitya Mon 20-Jun-11 21:00:33

I reckon it will be out pretty sharpish after tonights episode sad

Im keep putting off watching the last one.

OracleInaCoracle Mon 20-Jun-11 22:22:15

anyone watched it?

<bursting>

Bearcrumble Mon 20-Jun-11 22:33:15

I did. Oh GOD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now