Talk

Advanced search

My fake baby

(21 Posts)
springbokscantjump Sat 11-Jun-11 20:18:12

Is anyone watching my fake baby on sky living? It's just so... unbelievable and in some ways, so very sad.

vogonmothership Sat 11-Jun-11 20:40:55

I just came looking for thread

I am [shocked] and sad

mumatron Sat 11-Jun-11 20:43:06

I've seen it a few times.

I feel sad for the grandmother but I still find the whole thing odd.

mumatron Sat 11-Jun-11 20:43:06

I've seen it a few times.

I feel sad for the grandmother but I still find the whole thing odd.

veritythebrave Sat 11-Jun-11 20:48:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ednurse Sat 11-Jun-11 20:49:54

Seen it a few times before. I love the lady who has LOADS of 'babies', espesh her voice. "look at the bay-bay's"

vogonmothership Sat 11-Jun-11 20:52:35

Grandma needs serious counselling, poor lady

Must admit the pierced ears on the other one made me laugh

herethereandeverywhere Sat 11-Jun-11 20:54:02

Makes me so sad for those ladies - all grieving in their own [admittedly strange] way.

IhateSunday Sat 11-Jun-11 20:54:28

I'm just watching it with my gob on the floor atm... not sure what else to say.......

IhateSunday Sat 11-Jun-11 20:59:10

verity, I was in a toy shop with DS who was about 4 at the time and there was a lady on a mobility scooter with a dolly she was cradling... can't remember just how it happened but by the time we were at the till, DS and crazy lady were arguing... she was adamant it was her baby and DS was having non of it telling her in no uncertain terms it was a 'baby annabel'...

nokissymum Sat 11-Jun-11 21:02:08

Yes they are doing it right now on telly, i found it all too creepy and switched it off.

springbokscantjump Sat 11-Jun-11 21:10:07

I'm just here with mouth wide open. I initially thought that the boy had died and was sympathetic. But now granny needs to see her GP and get some help.

nokissymum Sat 11-Jun-11 21:20:23

Yes spring, i really do feel most of those people need psychological help. Part of them has left behind the real world, i do wonder how the granny will fare if real grandson come to visit, would she leave fake baby and embrace real child or will she be torn between both.

Very bizzare!

lollystix Sat 11-Jun-11 21:23:02

Used to walk to work everyday past a flat with one of these in a crib in the window - always wondered about it but now I know more. Tell me cos I missed the start, how much do these things cost? I just felt sad watching it really. Especially the granny- was wondering what her relationship with her daughter is like if she's this obsessed with her grandson.

Rainydaze Sat 11-Jun-11 21:40:54

I found it interesting that the granny said "Harry was my daughter's son". Surely he still is. It's as though she's in mourning for a dead child.

lollystix Sat 11-Jun-11 21:46:14

Yeah I sensed something awful happened at first and then I just felt so sad for her that her daughter emigrated. It must have devasted her but maybe her daughter wanted some distance (sure that's not the only reason she went). Anyway I almost spat out me tea when she said she'd asked her daughter to leave Harry with her!!! Yeah - no bother mum - on you go!!!

Rainydaze Sat 11-Jun-11 21:48:20

She'd have possibly been better to spend the money or a couple of return flights to Australia to see the real Harry.

nokissymum Sat 11-Jun-11 22:04:31

rainy grin
I actually think the daughter may have left for her sons safety, gran seems really obsessed, i wonder wether she had actually lost a child before tht she hadnt grieved for properly, then harry came along, then went, so this one is guranteed not to be going anywhere.

How much did this dolly cost ?

Halogen Sat 11-Jun-11 22:12:54

I'm feeling a bit sorry for the real Harry!

Rainydaze Sat 11-Jun-11 22:15:23

I agree. The husband didn't seem keen and said that the doll looked like something on a mortuary slab, which obviously upset her. Hmmm, I think she needs some counselling.

lollystix Sat 11-Jun-11 22:17:28

Yeah her moaning reaction to that comment from him really freaked me out - she was obviously devasted but what can the poor bloke say really - he's probably really concerned by the whole thing. My dh wouldn't have tolerated any of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now