Talk

Advanced search

Fiona Bruce meets the prince

(17 Posts)
ByThePowerOfGreyskull Thu 09-Jun-11 21:33:01

Anyone else watching?

Saltire Thu 09-Jun-11 22:47:06

I watched it. he didn't make it easy for her did he? I did stifle a giggle when he told her he didn't think she had a profession!

DrNortherner Thu 09-Jun-11 22:50:24

I think he is an awkward twat.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Thu 09-Jun-11 23:04:53

I thought she totally under estimated him and he should have been interviewed by Louis Theroux would have been much better

Alibabaandthe80nappies Thu 09-Jun-11 23:10:38

I thought she was pretty awful actually. I wonder if journalists are so used to people who want to spew forth their entire life's details, that the art of drawing information out of someone is being lost?

Saltire Thu 09-Jun-11 23:15:35

I think graham Norton should have interviewd him grin

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeGoes Thu 09-Jun-11 23:15:47

I like him, he has a twinkle in his eye, he and the Queen seem such a devoted couple, I also find it impressive the way someone of his era and background has been able to take on the role of consort and cope with being his wife's subject. Didn't think much of Fiona and her interviewing though, Louis Theroux would have been great.

DrNortherner Thu 09-Jun-11 23:17:19

I think he is ignorant and sexist actually, and possibly quite racist too.

Alibabaandthe80nappies Thu 09-Jun-11 23:21:06

Dr - he is 90, and therefore to some degree a product of his generation. However he has played 2nd fiddle to his wife for 60 years and is considered no less of a man by the (very patriarchal) world for it. Quite an achievement I think.

I don't think he is racist actually, just not afraid to talk about what makes us all different, which is not the same thing at all.

needanewname Thu 09-Jun-11 23:21:13

I only saw the last part and I liked him. He's of a different generation, reminded me a bit of my Dad! I've always quite liked him though.

I loved the last bit showing the dancing though, I've never seen the queen look so carefree.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Thu 09-Jun-11 23:24:04

perhaps we could campaign for Louis to do him for his 100th birthday ( I have NO doubt he will get there he looked amazing toniught)

DrNortherner Thu 09-Jun-11 23:26:40

Nah, he has made far too many comments that don't sit right with me, partic the one he made after the Dunblane incident.

willali Fri 10-Jun-11 08:50:33

I thought he was bordering on rude - if he didnt want to do the interview why did he bother ffs? BBC could have made a perfectly good talking heads documentary without him being so passive aggressive to FB who was only trying to do her job. I felt for her and her frustration was very well hidden!

ggirl Fri 10-Jun-11 09:07:55

FB wasn't very good was she .
She should have known he'd be a difficult one and been better prepared . I did admire his tenacity at sticking to his guns and not giving her what she wanted.She was no match for him at all.

willali Fri 10-Jun-11 12:45:00

but do you really think he would have been any different if it was Paxman?? Not FB's fault at all - she didn't ask anything remotely probing or insolent and all she got was very rude bluster. As I said if he didn't want to talk then why put her through such a frustrating experience?

AmandaCooper Fri 10-Jun-11 12:57:50

I've only seen the start of it so far but I think she was rude and got what she deserved. She made assumptions, suggested noone could remember his television appearances and was clearly fishing for a headline.

kerstina Fri 10-Jun-11 14:00:50

I did not really know much about Prince Philip so I definitely feel like I learned a lot and like him as he is so refreshingly honest. The way the papers reported it in the past was that he was always putting his foot in it but he was actually just trying to make people laugh and put people at their ease. I like his sense of humour and he was more of a family man when the children were young than I imagined. Not overly keen on Fiona Bruce as she is just so super confident and smug and so irritates me ! Think Kate Silverton may have been better.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: