Talk

Advanced search

fairy jobmother

(12 Posts)
vickibee Wed 08-Jun-11 12:46:17

I watched with interest last night. 3 of the 4 people featured managed to find work within two weeks after being on benefits for ages. Why can The DWP assign inspirational people to jobseekers in the same way? IME jobcentre plus staff are useless and don't understand your needs etc
WOuld be interested to hear pther peopl'e opinions?

Dave was a treat like the chap off the Royle family...

NadiaWadia Thu 09-Jun-11 01:25:34

Yes Dave was a case, wasn't he? He seemed to think the world owed him a living.

His poor daughter, was it Louise? I really felt for her and her lack of self-confidence.

And then Dave airily tells the woman in charge (forget her name) 'Oh Louise's shyness is probably because she spent a lot of time in care, I was drinking a lot at the time and all the kids were taken into care." He didn't seem bothered or ashamed at all. (What about his kids mother I wonder?)

The guy was an all-round waste of space.

vickibee Thu 09-Jun-11 07:06:58

but he found a job in the end as a security man of all things

NadiaWadia Thu 09-Jun-11 14:17:03

smile but he had done that kind of work before.

PuppyMonkey Thu 09-Jun-11 18:06:39

I'm sorry, I have nothing else to add to this discussion - I'm just practicing on the new Mumsnet app . Yippee look at this
smilesmilesmilesmilesmile
gringringringringringringringrin
blushblushblushblushblush
winkwinkwinkwinkwink

Can't find hmm

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 09-Jun-11 21:30:31

they always manage to find a job dont they

ie sure the tv programme bribe encourage help the companies to pick them

wrongdecade Fri 10-Jun-11 14:20:29

Shes like the Majorie dawes of jobs

amberleaf Mon 13-Jun-11 02:40:40

I cant stand her.

Thats all i have to say!

NadiaWadia Wed 15-Jun-11 23:38:41

Did anyone watch this week's?

I am really starting to dislike this woman. She patronises her clients and treats them like naughty schoolkids. (sending them out of the room, FGS!)

It was a bit alarming that the 50 year old guy was the only one not to get a job, even though he had good previous experience (lab technician). Pure ageism, I suspect.

Also I felt sorry for the young lad whose benefits were stopped completely. Was he supposed to starve, sponge off his friends, take to crime, or what? Why did they do that to him when he was showing willing by attending the job club?

Still at least he got fixed up with a good opportunity in the end and seemed very happy.

BustersOfDoom Wed 15-Jun-11 23:51:39

DWP can't do this because the Advisors would be disciplined or sacked. They aren't allowed to tell people that they look dirty, look scruffy, smell, have dirty clothes, have bad breath, have a shitty attitude, that their facial piercings/tattoos might put employers off etc etc.

Which really fucking annoys when we then have Ministers saying what a great job she is doing with her straight talking attitude. Well free up your own staff to do the same job then matey! Let them tell it like it is.

I won't hold my breath.

vickibee Sun 19-Jun-11 17:39:45

i think Hayley is firm but fair, these people make so much progress in a couple of weeks so she must be doing summat right. Perhaps they need someone to tell them as it is.
I agree buster Job centre staff should provide a similar one to one service, a ten minute interview once a fortnight is no good,

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 20-Jun-11 22:43:30

tbh i would have laughed if someone farted grin - she got very stroppy about it - and yes did think sending out of the room as if 5yrs was a bit ott

then again, the 2 men who arrived late as they over slept - wtf?

and one of the girls seemed in shock that she had to work for her dole money

tbh i think anyone on jsa should either volunteer in charity shops/do something like community service to clean streets/etc to 'earn' their money

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now