Talk

Advanced search

4 Rooms

(4 Posts)
paisleyII Tue 07-Jun-11 20:58:08

i've had to walk out of the room whilst my dh watches this shite. i am lost for words, where do i start. i am a dealing by trade so familiar territory. in a word, who gives a shite WHAT someone gets for their collectable item, to draw it out to make a 1/2 hour programme ffs. i heard alot of fellow dealers slating this programme early this morning and now i know why. it is just too awful for words, anyone else seen it?

whatkungfuthat Wed 06-Jul-11 09:32:41

I quite like it. Some of the items have been very interesting (Vivienne Westwood hats, DeeDee Ramones guitar) but agree that its overly dramatic. I can't stand the woman dealer who always seems to offer way less than the others, but I was pleased when Andrew Lamberty bought the Hitler Bronze to donate to a museum rather than let it fall into the hands of dodgy collector. No doubt if I were in the trade I would hate it too.

MayasPapaya Wed 06-Jul-11 09:49:06

Glad to hear my decision to avoid this like the plague was a good one! Having said that, my DH doesn't let me watch any antiques programmes as I tend to get a bit rant-y.

whatkungfuthat Wed 06-Jul-11 11:18:52

You'd be hard pressed to find an antique on this, its all pop art and curiosities.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now