Talk

Advanced search

Born to be different - thread to discuss the show and the gorgeous children without the crap

(54 Posts)
scaredoflove Mon 06-Jun-11 19:08:47

New thread for the show without the nastiness

Thurs 9pm

5inthebed Mon 06-Jun-11 19:21:23

I was just about to come start a thread ike this, well done smile

I for one am looking forward to it, I have watched it from the start.

I was glad to see Shelbie in the advert. I think of her often. I wonder if her mam has had any more babies?

RatherBeOnThePiste Mon 06-Jun-11 19:25:58

yes please - I don't want nastiness.....

I've also watched it from the start, and I am delighted we are going to be able to catch up with them all. They must be 8/9 now? Yes I bet Shelbie's mum (for whom I have nothing but admiration) has had more babies!!

5inthebed Mon 06-Jun-11 19:29:48

I think the advert said 10!

Shelbies mam is an amazing woman.

RatherBeOnThePiste Mon 06-Jun-11 19:31:24

She really really is 5inthebed

Just looked at the website, I cannot believe this is series 7? That doesn't seem possible!

5inthebed Mon 06-Jun-11 19:35:31

It doesn't does it. Series 7!

springbokscantjump Mon 06-Jun-11 19:45:56

They're turning 10. I just rewatched the last one to catch up. I bawled my eyes out when Shelbie was thought to be dying. Her mom is amazing and seems to have the most strong spirit.

RatherBeOnThePiste Mon 06-Jun-11 19:47:11

I think Shelbie has inherited her mum's strong spirit, don't you?

mamalino Mon 06-Jun-11 20:25:42

I will be watching. Can't believe they will be 10.

Love the no nastiness, thought about engaging on the other thread but just can't be arsed with it all tonight to be honest.

5inthebed Wed 08-Jun-11 09:21:29

Can I just say, William's mum has posted on the nasty thread. Another amazing parent!

springbokscantjump Wed 08-Jun-11 14:39:34

Oh how much do I wish I had posted something witty and smart last night rather than the 'ner ner' type comment just before William's mom posted blush

5inthebed Wed 08-Jun-11 16:56:50

<snort> springboks grin

RatherBeOnThePiste Wed 08-Jun-11 17:41:55

grin at Springboks!

scaredoflove Thu 09-Jun-11 20:12:06

9pm tonight, ch4

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 09-Jun-11 21:14:24

Well I'm glued!

5inthebed Thu 09-Jun-11 21:32:36

Me to. Sobbed a bit at the start <slaps self>

Riveninside Thu 09-Jun-11 21:33:11

Wheres shelbie? Am anxious. I have tissues ready

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 09-Jun-11 22:10:29

We will see Shelbie next week then. Loved seeing these children growing up and hearing what they have to say.

And doesn't new Zealand look amazing.
<Packs bag>

springbokscantjump Thu 09-Jun-11 22:21:34

I also was worried when they didn't show Shelbie. I have to say it really brought my struggles to get ds off to sleep in perspective.

New Zealand does look good. It might help in my quest to convince DH that living down under wouldn't be the worst thing in the world grin

Grockle Thu 09-Jun-11 22:23:44

I haven't seen any of the previous programmes but I loved this. What fab children. I have a friend with Tuberous Sclerosis and the boy (William?) reminded me very much of her smile

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 09-Jun-11 22:23:53

Isn't it just amazing that doctors can just make a bladder, or just do stuff?!

Lilyloo Thu 09-Jun-11 22:24:40

Spring i absolutely agree this show always brings a sense of perspective to life
Fabulous kids ...

shabbapinkfrog Thu 09-Jun-11 22:28:05

Watched with great interest. Was amazed at the fantastic kids. I had a little boy with severe heart problems and as I watched the other Mums coping with everything I noticed one thing. When my little boy was very ill I would sometimes look in the mirror. I always looked much older than I was and my eyes were always tired, worried, proud, but mainly sad. I noticed that all the other Mums on the programme were the same.

My DS4 (13years old) sat at the computer and kept watching. He asked a thousand questions and was deep in thought when he just went to bed.

Bless all the families. xxx

BoiledFrog Thu 09-Jun-11 22:29:36

Love this program so much, can't believe it has been so long since the first series, I remember it because it was just after my niece was born. All of them are brilliant, it must be so hard to put your child through operations knowing it will cause them pain, but hopefully be worth it in the end.

Neverbored Thu 09-Jun-11 22:32:19

Thanks for watching. William is hard work but as you saw he has such a winning smile!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now