Talk

Advanced search

BGT 2011, just read this, not sure what to think..

(32 Posts)
FourFingeredKitkat Wed 01-Jun-11 23:16:37

justpaste.it/c8g

FourFingeredKitkat Wed 01-Jun-11 23:29:54

It's probably just me, but it does ring true!

midlandsmumof4 Thu 02-Jun-11 01:18:28

Could be. I remember reading a tiny article somewhere a few years ago about Susan Boyle being 'invited' to audition for BGT.....

lemonsquish Thu 02-Jun-11 01:35:24

Doesn't surprise me. I said when I first saw the audition that his voice will change very soon. It's all very fake and I like these shows less and less, the more that I see them. I feel very sorry for Ronan.

LeoTheLateBloomer Thu 02-Jun-11 06:58:42

Really sad if it is true. It'll certainly be interesting if he does win on Saturday...

FourFingeredKitkat Thu 02-Jun-11 14:37:45

We'll see how it pans out on Saturday and in the media afterwards ..

otisdriftwood Thu 02-Jun-11 15:32:22

No surprises here then...I was hoping james would win

OiYouThere Thu 02-Jun-11 15:41:31

Hmm. We will see on the weekend. But is it a real article by a real sony exec or its it an article that is written by a person on the odds that Ronan will win in order to slander SYCO, iykwim? If Ronan does win, the slanderer will win as it smears the SYCO brand, whether or not it was true. If it IS true and Ronana wins, well, I guess we will never know!! The only way we will know if it is true or not is if Simon Cowell admits to it. Denying it wont work to convince the sceptics. Equally, if the BGT team see it, will Ronan NOT win, just to 'prove' the article wrong, even if it is true??

fartmeistergeneral Thu 02-Jun-11 15:44:00

Very very interesting. I'm not sure what to think. Most of it does ring true, but can't quite get my head round Simon etc 'sexualising' him to appear gay?? Really?? However, his outfit for the auditions was odd, and he definitely looked 'styled'. I didn't understand from the article how they could manipulate the public vote. Isn't that incredibly scrutinised these days? What if James got more public votes??

I was always a bit suspicious about Leona Lewis winning X Factor. She already looked like a 'star' and wouldn't surprise me in the least to hear that she was being groomed from the outset. Doesn't explain why some 'failures' win the X Factor though. What about Leon Jackson?

MindyMacready Thu 02-Jun-11 16:37:25

Just something about the content of it seems right, or the author is a very well practised fibber!

Stilla Thu 02-Jun-11 16:40:23

When the auditions started airing on TV - the guy who does the ITV2 show was on 'This Morning' and said he 'thought' a child would win this year hmm

WillyBumBalls Thu 02-Jun-11 16:47:43

I saw that too Stilla and thought it was all fixed.

My best friend was on The Xfactor last year and we were [shocked] at some of the 'spontaneous' things people are told to do.

Has made me watch these shows through new eyes!

pranma Thu 02-Jun-11 18:05:40

I'm not convinced and I dont think Ronan will win-I think those 4 Bounce boys will get it.

Whatevertheweather Thu 02-Jun-11 19:39:18

Article has been removed now by syco and sony - can someone summarise for me?

MindyMacready Thu 02-Jun-11 21:06:25

try this:-

s3.amazonaws.com/files.posterous.com/litmanlive/W8Rlr26SKTz92GmVWvJ7408nP2NvSHRcNNAu6eIKHpi4qecDYB6Im1Ra5bDa/c8g-justpasteit.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJFZAE65UYRT34AOQ&Expires=1307045451&Signature=2faVTmvafCJxU04yNLNHP0THDpE%3D

MindyMacready Thu 02-Jun-11 21:18:45

Bit shorter:-

fae.ro/docs/c8g-justpasteit.pdf

floweryblue Thu 02-Jun-11 21:42:21

Have read about half the article so far and skimmed the rest, it does make sense so far and seems to be believable.

What doesn't make sense is the truly dire quality of the acts we have had to endure as semi-finalists so far this year. There has barely been a single good act in each episode after the first episode (thought three were OK in first semi-final).

I had been thinking that they were all so awful and badly staged as a result of Mr Cowell not being so involved this year.

smokinaces Thu 02-Jun-11 21:48:04

I think they're bad on purpose - to avoid a SuBo. She was primed to win, but Diversity stole it, and Syco's thunder. So I think they're putting shitter acts through so there is a clear winner in the final.

PotPourri Thu 02-Jun-11 22:02:52

Real Chart Throb by Ben Elton. You will never watch these programmes in the same way again - you have been warned. Course they can manipulate us - how many time s have you seen Simon saying how amazing that was and your initial thought is - what?? But as he talks, it doesn't seem so ridiculous

PotPourri Thu 02-Jun-11 22:26:49

Well, I know a couple of 12 year old boys who are as trendy and hip as that Ronan, but frankly, their parents are too. Nuff said. Yes, the tears he is wiping away on the audition tape are invisible.

timetomove Thu 02-Jun-11 22:27:06

I think it could aimed at putting people off voting for him

MindyMacready Thu 02-Jun-11 22:56:28

Tomorrow's headline twitpic.com/561o4b

lilolilmanchester Fri 03-Jun-11 00:40:25

poor Ronan - whatever the truth is behind all of this, he IS hugely talented and seems like a lovely kid. I feel really sorry for him.

floweryblue Fri 03-Jun-11 22:21:01

I've only ever voted on about three talent show type thingies because I just don't like the idea of me (no idea public muppet) deciding who is best.

I voted for Will over Gareth [good choice emoticon], Natashe Kaplinski in the first year of SCD and Darren Gough for SCD.

Not really had any strong feelings since, and realised that I was only contributing to the absolute shite we are expected to 'enjoy' on telly, so I don't bother anymore.

MindyMacready Sat 04-Jun-11 01:43:50

More allegations:-
celebritain.com/#/news/4551972584/Simon-Cowell-faces-fresh-Britain%27s-Got-Talent-fix-allegations/5733

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now