Talk

Advanced search

Mad Men - what happened to Peggys baby?

(10 Posts)
kitkatya Sun 29-May-11 22:36:10

Im just working my way through them, in season two wasnt she always seen at church with a little boy? he seemed to be at her mums house? Now, in Season 3 she's finally confessed to the guy (cant remember his name) that she had his baby and gave it up for adoption. What did happen?

Whats your favourite season? its been a grower for me and Im just debating whether to order season 4 or not.

CeliaFate Mon 30-May-11 16:30:05

I think her sister adopted him.

kitkatya Mon 30-May-11 21:59:36

Probably although he hasnt been in it this time around. I love Peggy smile

eleanorwish Fri 03-Jun-11 18:59:57

From what I can gather, she did have the baby adopted. The little boy she is seen with in Season 2 is her sister's baby. In flashbacks to when she had the baby, her sister visits her and she is obviously pregnant.
I think the reason she doesn't want to have much to do with her nephew is because he's a painful reminder of her own baby.

kitkatya Sat 04-Jun-11 11:05:27

Oh, I see. I reallly thought that little boy was hers. Im surprised the guy (cant remember his name) didnt make a bigger deal out of it.

Im loving series 3. I hope Joan goes back to work in the office!!

darleneoconnor Mon 06-Jun-11 20:02:25

I thought the baby was hers confused

ensure Mon 06-Jun-11 20:05:31

I totally don't remember Peggy telling Pete about the baby! When was it that she told him?

kitkatya Mon 06-Jun-11 22:28:23

I think it was end of season 2 or beginning of season 3 around the time when he told his wife adoption wasn't up for discussion. It was a quick conversation and never came up again. Although I've grown to love it I do get annoyed when some things aren't followed up like Joans bf raping her in the office. I suppose that's the style of the writing.
What's series 4 like?

ensure Tue 07-Jun-11 18:52:16

Is 4 the last one?
Really good series. I love them all though!
But don't rush it because series 5 isn't going to start shooting for ages (if I remember properly because the writer was having some issues with the network being annoying).

kitkatya Tue 07-Jun-11 19:40:27

Ok. I wont order it just yet then!! I saw the lovely Jon Hamm on tv yesterday, he wasnt much like Don though. I wish Id never seen him now!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now