Talk

Advanced search

Is it me, or do Charlie Stayt and Susanna Reid hate each other?

(57 Posts)
MissHonkover Sat 28-May-11 08:53:38

He tries to catch her out with sarky humour that she doesn't get, and then she gets all snippy and defensive.

Either they hate each other, or they're having a passionate affair and are trying to cover their tracks.

Either way, it makes for uncomfortable viewing.

(Just in case people aren't as addicted to telly news as I am, I'm going on about news presenters on BBC Breakfast grin)

chocolatespiders Sat 28-May-11 08:57:52

I agree, have thought it for some time now... hadnt thought of the affair twist though shock

eatyourveg Sat 28-May-11 09:00:27

He's always tried to outsmart her - I've been amazed the beeb have kept them together for so long with the uncomfortable vibes they give off when on screen together.

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Sat 28-May-11 09:03:15

Been a couple of uncomfy moments this morning....

WipsGlitter Sat 28-May-11 09:07:17

I have the shirt she's wearing today!! It's from Ted Baker. Sorry random. I really like her, but have not noticed any tension. DP said their interview with Franki Vallali yesterday was excruciating.

MissHonkover Sat 28-May-11 09:08:54

Oh yes, I nearly had to turn it off when the paper reviewer even picked up on it!

CS's off the cuff remarks would be fine if they had any chemistry and she could pick them up and do something with them, but it always turns into a tumbleweed moment verging on an all out scrap.

Crevix Sat 28-May-11 09:09:07

I think she hates him. I like her hair.

MissHonkover Sat 28-May-11 09:10:26

Yes, I think she's deliberately trying to draw attention to his little remarks by not 'playing along'. I agree, lovely hair, and a gorgeous blouse this morning.

MissHonkover Sat 28-May-11 09:11:11

OOH! Just seen you have that top Wips! Jammy. envy

shmoz Sat 28-May-11 09:13:05

Bill and Sian they aint, for sure!

purepurple Sat 28-May-11 09:13:28

I don't like her at all. She seems very arrogant and very self-absorbed. I like Charlie though.

Elllllabellllla Sat 28-May-11 09:15:40

Bill and Sian are just lovely together! Definately friends and Sian has a great chuckle!

msrisotto Sat 28-May-11 09:16:25

Oh I like her! He's a bit of a fool though.

HugoFirst Sat 28-May-11 09:16:39

oh she was horrendous on twitter. plays to her audience and int eh early days was BEGGING for followers.
was pathetic

MissHonkover Sat 28-May-11 10:13:29

I like both of them individually but together they're disastrous!
Used to like Big Watch Bowen and Sophie Raworth.
I love Bill. I'd like to go and see his beehives. I hope Mrs Turnbull is nice.

bigTillyMint Sat 28-May-11 10:17:37

Can't stand Sian either. Lollipop head. And the way she always sits so that she is always upright and making herself look as slim as possible. Smug.

But Bill is lovely - bumbling fool type.

georgie22 Sat 28-May-11 10:20:12

I mentioned on the thread about Tom Daly's dad that I thought Charlie was quite insensitive in shutting up the sports presenter on 2 occasions when he spoke about how sad it was. He actually seemed upset by the news but Charlie was keen not to dwell and to continue.

I don't like him. I agree Bill and Sian make for much easier viewing, but I like most of them on BBC. Has anyone seen the lot on Daybreak - I accidentally changed channel earlier in the week and a few seconds of viewing was enough for me. Truly awful!!

whatkungfuthat Sun 29-May-11 18:54:32

I'm sure Charlie farted once live on air and, rather than discreetly ignore it, Susanna reacted with a huge start that left no room for doubt. <off to search youtube>

SindyTellsMe Sun 29-May-11 18:58:09

I've sensed the bitterness too and whatever it is, I'm on Charlie's side.

FattyAcid Sun 29-May-11 18:59:43

I felt sorry for Kate Silverton covering Sian's mat leave

52Girls Sun 29-May-11 19:08:40

I think they're good friends and it's just banter. Actually quite surprised so many think the opposite!

sharbie Sun 29-May-11 19:09:52

i think they must be married in rl smile

MissHonkover Sun 29-May-11 19:23:10

Poor Kate Silverton, I'm sure she's absolutely lovely, but she's stylistically challenged. Her outfits can be horrific and I think short hair on lady news presenters is always a gamble, Natasha Kerplunk's barnet was equally disastrous.

Fatty, did you mean because she had to work with Charlie, or Bill?

DuelingFanjo Sun 29-May-11 19:30:20

"DP said their interview with Franki Vallali yesterday was excruciating" to be fair that was frankie Valli's fault.

DuelingFanjo Sun 29-May-11 19:31:19

"I felt sorry for Kate Silverton covering Sian's mat leave" because of the baby thing?

she's pregnant now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now