Talk

Advanced search

Rob Lowe on Graham Norton

(21 Posts)
dalek Fri 27-May-11 23:53:04

Don't you think he looks a bit Des O'Connor? A bit disappointed as I actually LOVE him

tribpot Fri 27-May-11 23:53:47

Oooh, marking my place as I shall be watching it on iPlayer tomorrow morning.

dalek Sat 28-May-11 00:04:46

Did nobody see it?

tribpot - let me know what you think tomorrow.

OohMatron Sat 28-May-11 00:06:40

He did look a bit odd, sadly i'd agree with the 'bit like Des O'Connor' grin

dalek Sat 28-May-11 00:09:49

His hair was odd - too long and groomed - and he seemed to have a problem with his lips. Also his features just looked a bit too small to be on a grown man IYSWIM.

Bradley Cooper, on the other hand, made my heart beat faster!

TigerseyeMum Sat 28-May-11 10:28:56

I thought he looked stunning! grin

And oddly, he looked like he used to in his younger days and not like he did a few years ago when he had aged. I wonder how that could be... grin

He seems a nice bloke but he hasn't got much going on upstairs, iyswim.

Mind you, it's all going on downstairs with him...

edam Sat 28-May-11 10:48:36

He did look wrong, somehow. Like he'd had plastic surgery and it didn't suit him. His face looked a bit too thin.

Liked the stories about Sarah Jessica Parker, though. grin

southeastastra Sat 28-May-11 11:02:57

thought he looked fine! he's dead funny too, enjoyable show even though i don't have any idea who the other two blokes were

southeastastra Sat 28-May-11 11:03:15

the sjp stories were hilarious!

tribpot Sat 28-May-11 12:58:16

I thought he looked okay-ish, apart from when he blatantly couldn't smile properly at the end. Hair a bit overly groomed, though. Compare with Alex Kingston who is a year older but seemed much more natural.

Groan, Liza Minnelli next week, that will be one to fast forward through on iPlayer.

Punkatheart Sat 28-May-11 16:57:31

Um..can't say that I have ever liked Rob Lowe. He may have been beautiful but I feel there is a hardness to his face which really tells you his personality. He has spent a lifetime treating women like commodities - made a sex tape with underage girls and dumped his girlfriend when pregnant. She then miscarried. Talks about 'using MTV as a shopping channel' for sex.

Nope. Can't see very much to admire in someone like that.

kitkatya Sat 28-May-11 18:00:53

Crap, I missed it!! whats wrong with me? Whens it repeated?

Does he really talk like that now? when he did they teenage girl thing werent they over 16 though and he was barely twenty?

I like him.

wintera Sat 28-May-11 18:13:57

I enjoyed last night's show very much. I liked all the guests, such a good bunch, all interesting in their own way. I thought Alex Kingston seemed lovely, the sort of woman you would want as a mate. I also liked the guy from The Hangover 2, the less famous one, he was very funny I thought.

kitkatya Sat 28-May-11 19:05:04

When can I see it again?

said Sat 28-May-11 19:16:41

Agree that Bradley Cooper is lovely. Wasn't he on a few months ago as well?

Lol @ "as I actually LOVE him" Lovely Bradley seemed a bit horrified at RL's using MTV as a sex shopping channel story

tribpot Sat 28-May-11 21:12:26

kitkatya, you can watch it on iPlayer.

edam Sun 29-May-11 00:31:49

To be fair, he was talking about phoning MTV in the 80s - I thought his take on it was very much 'I did some v. bad things when I was young', don't think he was boasting, exactly. And either he or someone else pointed out they probably don't hand out phone numbers quite so readily these days.

Madlizzy Sun 29-May-11 00:33:15

I thought he looked like a Thunderbird puppet.

Punkatheart Sun 29-May-11 00:35:38

Sorry - but he has treated women as meat for most of his life. I cannot see anything to admire in the man. Calling Sarah Jessica Parker a bitch - there was real malice there. And yes, the girls he slept with were underage. He's cocky and conceited.

Niecie Sun 29-May-11 00:50:25

I don't think he has spent a life time treating women as commodities. RL didn't behave well at all as a young man but he has been married to the same woman for 20 odd years and he credits her with rescuing him.

I have to agree about the hair though - looked like it had a can of hairspray holding it in place. He was OK - there have been worse guests.

Bradley Cooper was on earlier in the year with Liam Neeson. He seems like a really nice bloke as well as being a bit of eye candy on a Friday(or Saturday) evening.smile

wintera Sun 29-May-11 09:32:08

I think the guy from The Vampire Diaries who plays Damon, Ian Somerwhatsits looks very much like Rob Lowe in his younger days. It's not unusual for stars to see people in films, or on tv and then get in touch with them. They have the power to do it. Michael Douglas did it with Catherine Zeta Jones after seeing her in Zorro, Tom Cruise did it with Nicole Kidman after seeing her in Dead Calm. Shows the diff between stars and us, if a normal guy called up an agent looking for a girl's details they would think he was a nutter and a stalker! For me, the most depressing part of the story was that all the women jumped at the chance.

It's also a well known fact that at concerts, singers etc will pick out women in the crowd that they like the look of and will get people to approach them and ask them to go backstage. I'm not saying it's right, but it does go on.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: