Talk

Advanced search

Waterloo Road

(18 Posts)
SilveryMoon Wed 25-May-11 07:35:33

We only started watching a few series ago, so not sure if we've missed something.
Is Tom Sambucca's Dad?
Why are they so close and why does he have to do everything with the mum. I know she's a bit of a state, is she an alcoholic (recovering)?
Were Rose and Tom dating a few years ago?

SexyDomesticatedDab Wed 25-May-11 10:41:43

Tom got Rose a job as a diner lady at the school and they went out / lived together for a while. When they met she was an alchohlic - all the kids started at school and probably all had different dads.

sharbie Wed 25-May-11 10:45:27

dd says tom is not her dad

SilveryMoon Wed 25-May-11 11:03:27

Ok, thanks for clearing that up smile

vmcd28 Fri 27-May-11 16:25:14

Yep, and Tom basically turned them from ne'er-do-wells into fine upstanding children smile

Does anyone else think Robson Green is perfectly cast this series? And they're a lovely couple smile

youngjoly Fri 27-May-11 16:45:23

Tom was Sam's foster father for a while. That's why he has an interest in her. He then went on to have a relationship with her mother.

SilveryMoon Fri 27-May-11 18:20:35

I di like Karen and the caretaker together, they are cute.
Robson Green in general annoys me, but not too bad in WR.

Tambern Fri 27-May-11 19:20:19

I didn't like last episode sad it struck me as being really unfair on that English teacher.

SilveryMoon Fri 27-May-11 19:58:44

That english teacher's a prat. I can't stand her!

Tambern Fri 27-May-11 21:19:15

To some extent, but she's being a bit of a prat, because Karen is being unfair to her, and actually quite unreasonable.

SilveryMoon Fri 27-May-11 22:54:07

Not sure I agree with that Tambern. From the minute this teacher's come in she's insulted the existing staff, acted like she's above everyone else etc, and IMO doesn't deserve the respect of her peers.

vmcd28 Fri 27-May-11 23:23:21

Everything SilverMoon said.

cat64 Fri 27-May-11 23:36:59

Message withdrawn

SilveryMoon Sat 28-May-11 02:50:19

Yep, and those traits do not make a good teacher.
She is not gaining the respect of the pupils like tom does, or karen or even mr budgen to some extent.
Maybe she's better suited to a correctional facility where the pupils should be punished!
She needs to accept that no one person on this planet know it all, and if it were me, I'd try to get to know the kids, I'd observe how they react to other teachers and methods and take it from there and implement my changes gradually.
This thought has come from me working in a school.

Disclaimer: if that didn't make sense, it's coz I've had a few bottes of vino! [Hiccup] :-)

Tambern Sat 28-May-11 02:55:11

I agree with you all, I think she's been very poorly written. Half the time the writers change their views half way through- one minute she's an excellent disciplinarian, the next she is awful at controlling the kids.

Plus why make her a Conservative candidate? Seems weirdly drawing on a stereotype

vmcd28 Sat 28-May-11 08:58:02

I don't know why, but every single time there's a new teacher, I seem to dislike them, even when they're meant to be nice!
Altho I do quite like the new maths teacher, despite the fact that he's another very stereotypical character.

TheMonster Sat 28-May-11 09:11:05

Mr Bugden is ace!

Bucharest Sat 28-May-11 09:18:32

Has Tom slept with the new female teachers yet?

He seems to have it written into his contract that he must.

Sambucca was fostered by the gay English teacher orginally.

WR was really good at first, now I watch it, but find it a bit of a parody.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: