Talk

Advanced search

Shadow Line

(89 Posts)
KurriKurri Sat 21-May-11 16:09:21

I think there is a thread about this, but I couldn't find it.

I nearly gave up on this after finding the first two episodes a bit hard to follow, but I thought it really got going last week - its getting exciting now.

Anyone else watching?

Euphemia Sat 21-May-11 18:36:35

I bailed halfway through episode two: I just didn't care about any of the characters, or the plotline.

Bearskinwoolies Sat 21-May-11 18:38:40

I've watched both episodes and love it grin

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sat 21-May-11 18:39:40

kurri, i am gripped, gripped i tell you. so much that when i ran out of wine 10 minutes into thursday's episode i couldn't tear myself away to get a refill.
i was Very shocked at the fate that befell Andy and his family
i have my suspicions that perhaps the guy i the hat is somehow part of the Powers that Be.....
roll on thursday

Bearskinwoolies Sat 21-May-11 18:43:20

I'm waiting to find out who Glickman actually is; we keep hearing his name but he's vanished.... hmmm

Gatehouse is definitely scary!

KurriKurri Sat 21-May-11 19:22:32

Oh I'm glad there's some fellow fans, Euphemia - I nearly bailed at episode 2- but DH insisted we stick with it, and I'm really glad we did. - And yes Charlotte - I was shock about Andy too.

gingeroots Sat 21-May-11 19:28:16

Another fan here ,keep having to pause and replay in an effort to follow .
Love the old bent cop character - the one who was in the opening scenes .

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sat 21-May-11 19:31:56

ooh, and where do we think DI Gabriel's suitcase full of used £20s arrived from?

Bearskinwoolies Sat 21-May-11 20:37:16

My dh reckons Gabriel is a bent copper - but obviously can't remember, that's where the money is from. I'm not sure, what do you reckon?

KurriKurri Sat 21-May-11 21:19:04

I'm thinking bent copper too, - although I waver in my guesses grin

I just read that Hugo Blick, the writer, also wrote Marion and Geoff - which I loved, I think its brilliant he can write something so incredibly different!

Bearskinwoolies Sun 22-May-11 18:50:34

I originally thought Gabriel was Glickman, but my dh has persuaded me against it - the other family bit at the end was v suprising though.

I love Hugo Blick - so talented!

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sun 22-May-11 21:17:58

i like the idea of Gabriel being Glickman - i think just being your common or garden bent copper is too obvious at this early stage of the proceedings.

Bearskinwoolies Mon 23-May-11 16:09:48

I was wondering if it would be a double bluff though - too obvious to be bent so he is?

knottyhair Mon 23-May-11 19:20:49

Ooh I hadn't even thought of Gabriel being Glickman! I am LOVING this series.

KurriKurri Mon 23-May-11 19:29:06

I like the idea of Gabriel being Glickman, but I don't think he is.

Cartoonjane Mon 23-May-11 20:44:36

I love it too. Found the end of episode 3 where Gabriel seems to have a second family really opens it up.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Fri 27-May-11 08:39:47

ooooh - that was great last night. hope you're all still glued to it. My heart was racing when Gatehouse had taken the baby. I'm sure customs don't have the whole story about the pardon....

fifitot Fri 27-May-11 09:08:02

I can't follow it but worth watching just for Gabriel. I looooooooooove him.

ChairOfTheBored Fri 27-May-11 09:45:32

CharlotteBronteSaurus (great name BTW) me too. I seem to spend a lot of the time watching this from behind a cushion, he's one of the scariest baddies I have ever seen in a TV drama.

Blackduck Fri 27-May-11 11:52:17

Great blog on this in Guardian. Points to note this week

"Don't cook tomatoes. Tomatoes are the new cats. And speaking of cats, don't have one, or a baby, because this show does not like either of them and it will not end well."

knottyhair Fri 27-May-11 22:07:35

Just watched this weeks - had to record it. Bloody hell. My stomach was in knots when Gatehouse took the baby. Love it!

kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 30-May-11 09:45:09

Roll on Thursday night. My favourite character is Jay. He is bonkers conkers. Top acting from Rafe Spall.

sparklyjewlz Wed 01-Jun-11 07:29:42

Just caught up with episode 3 on I Player. I am enjoying it. Does anyone else find the Gatehouse character borderline comical? There is something about the way he keeps appearing, in his Mr Magoo hat: all the time the journalist was riding along on his motorbike I was expecting that hat to appear over a hedge. So when the car zoomed away from the collision I laughed out loud to see the driver. Jay makes me laugh too. Am I a bit twisted?

LadyClariceCannockMonty Wed 01-Jun-11 21:15:32

sparkly, not at all. He is sinister but almost to the point of parody. When he turned up at Andy Dixon's flat and was standing outside in silhouette, with the outline of that hat, I just thought of The Wrong Trousers! I do giggle at him. But I think it's mainly nervous giggling.

Bearskinwoolies Sat 04-Jun-11 03:53:04

Wow - loved Thursdays episode. I wonder what counterpoint is?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now