Talk

Advanced search

What's in Carl and Susan's blue box?

(22 Posts)
Cloudbase Fri 20-May-11 22:27:57

Starting this as I am tragically obsessed with Neighbours - all the way back to 1986, excepting a brief few wilderness years somewhere in the 90's (the whole Steph/Libby/Drew bit).

It has sustained me well these last 25 years (Harold's death! Harold's return! Paul's exit in disgrace! Paul's return! and the exciting 6 monthly Ramsay Street disasters where they cruelly cull cast members.

Anyone else care to join me in a daily dissection of all things Ramsay? So, let's start with the secret of the blue box...any ideas?

Icoulddoitbetter Fri 20-May-11 22:29:13

Loads of SEX TOYS! I did wonder yesterday when they got it out how many people watching knew that!

Cloudbase Fri 20-May-11 22:35:38

I sort of assumed it would be, but also loads of really awful 70's stylee sexy 'outfits' (from when Carl was a young medical buck and Susan a groovy chick). Am I hallucinating a memory of an old episode where either a feather boer or pom poms fell out of it?

moajab Fri 20-May-11 22:42:41

Another Neighbours fan here! I remember back to the Scott. Charlene, Helen, Jim, Madge, Mrs Mangle etc. days!

I'm assuming sex toys are in the box. It seems a bit small for full outfits, but maybe there are some items of clothing or sexy underwear in there! Wouldn't it have been funny if the adults had left the room for a moment and returned to find Charlie surrounded by these things and asking "What's this do Nanny?"!! Didn't one of the other Neighbours get a glimpse in the box when it was accidentally given to a sale or something?

HRHShoesytwoesy Fri 20-May-11 22:44:14

isn't it susans boots?

she has these awful boots that karl likes

edam Fri 20-May-11 22:46:08

I have no idea as haven't seen Neighbours since I was a student but if there's a blue box in a TV series, surely it should be The Tardis? grin Imagine the Daleks in Ramsey Street. If only Mrs Mangle was still with us, she'd be a match for them!

Cloudbase Fri 20-May-11 23:04:11

I am very much liking the idea of a Neighbours/Who hybrid! Yes, Mrs Mangle would sort em out, and Joe Mangle would provide the cannon fodder.

Could we wangle Darcy into it somehow? A sort of Darcy-Davros? (remember him cropping up, freshly back from the dead, in Izzy's daydreams, after she pushed him down the stairs?)

BluddyMoFo Fri 20-May-11 23:05:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

edam Fri 20-May-11 23:27:01

You've lost me there, Cloudbase, and exposed my lack of knowledge of Neighbours post-1990ish. <runs back to the Doctor Who bit of Telly Addicts>

Cloudbase Fri 20-May-11 23:38:28

No! Stay! As long as there are Carl and Susan, nothing else matters...

darleneoconnor Fri 20-May-11 23:42:52

isnt it Karl with a 'k'?

i had the video of the scott and charlene love story-ace

old skool neighbours was F.A.B

not watched it in years though

auntpetunia Sun 22-May-11 22:20:48

moajab Rebecca had the famous blue box not long back when it was given to a sale, and Karl and Susan where desperately trying to find. She seemed to indicate it would have been very wrong for it to be seen by any children.. so think it's definately some sort of kinky stuff.

VodkaGirl77 Mon 23-May-11 15:24:19

What concerns me most, and I did mention this to my partner yesterday (I have no life), is that the only people with a sex life in Neighbours, are Karl and Susan...

beachholiday Tue 24-May-11 23:06:11

Thats because traditionally if you have sex before the age of 20 you promptly become pregnant/ impregnate your girlfriend. This can even lead to your death. The tradition started with poor Todd who then got killed running across the road to stop his girlfriends abortion.

bubbles12 Wed 25-May-11 19:44:54

Well, could not let the 'party' pass without comment! Lame dancing, close camera shots to disguise the fact that there are only about 6 guests and half the people leaving for great chunks of it before re-appearing.
Classic!

bubbles12 Wed 25-May-11 19:46:00

oh and why oh why is there this odd storyline about Kyle being blackmailed by some random police officer? Gotta love what goes on in the story writers heads.

MigratingCoconuts Wed 25-May-11 21:21:00

yes bubbles..and suddenly tash and summer are the very beest of friends....!

MigratingCoconuts Wed 25-May-11 21:21:17

'best'

HRHShoesytwoesy Wed 25-May-11 22:09:28

can someone explain the party of the year to me please..... so an ungly not very nice girl has a party in a public place and then everyone dances badly..... why?

vmcd28 Fri 27-May-11 16:19:57

THE BLUE BOX has cheerleader pom-poms in it, but that's all we know for sure.
Can't remember where they came from, but they were featured in an episode smile

The random cop thing will either turn into a story where Mark (or Mehk, as Kate calls him) and the bent copper have a face-off, OR is a standard Neighbours cumbersome-way-to-make-two-enemies-become-friends for the purpose of a future storyline.

BabiesNeedInstructions Fri 27-May-11 18:24:15

Yep, definitely kinky pom pom type stuff. They did get the outfits out once and run suggestively into the bedroom together. Eeeww.

I'm another big fan, from the early years and currently still recording every episode on Sky+ to watch as my guilty pleasure during Ds' nap!

ohboob Sat 28-May-11 18:57:08

I never miss an episode! Trying to get dp to watch it with me but failing miserably. He had confessed he was obsessed back in the Scott and Charlene days though, which makes me laugh.

Karl and Susan's box is kind of hilarious. I remember the pom poms too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now