Talk

Advanced search

The Hotel

(35 Posts)
paisleyII Mon 16-May-11 18:16:20

am i nuts or has anyone else been watching and enjoying this? my dd who is 8 1/2 also really likes it....i think i need to get out more as i really love watching this programme, just wondered what others thought. years ago i worked in a swanky london hotel and perhaps it brings back memories but i like the people in this programme, actually, i quite fancy going to visit and the food despite guests complaining, i actually always feel hungry when they show scenes of them cooking :D

AngryFeet Mon 16-May-11 18:19:16

Ha ha I am not sure whether it is good or not that people are enjoying this! My parents hotel are going to be the ones filmed for the next series if the current one is successful. I love my parents but my Dad is a bit of a nutter/joker and I feel it will be highly embarrassing. I will be avoiding visiting them like the plague during the month of August if it goes ahead! grin

paisleyII Mon 16-May-11 18:26:50

angry - how funny! how about making an appearance in it? i love these fly on the wall docu's. i think this show has been a success so you had better get ready :D

ilove Mon 16-May-11 18:36:32

I love it!

AngryFeet Mon 16-May-11 18:38:54

No way paisley - honestly knowing how CH4 edit things to make them look bad it will be horrific with my Dads place. The stories I could tell you..... grin

paisleyII Mon 16-May-11 19:02:45

the stories i could tell too from when i worked in a lg known hotel in central london. i used to work in banqueting. there were some mental times there with the kitchen etc, good memories, was sad when i was made redundant.

Tanso Mon 16-May-11 19:05:35

That bargain hunting woman on this weeks episode drove me mad! The moaning! awful, awful woman.

Sherbert37 Mon 16-May-11 19:06:57

But that mother and daughter last night! How many times did mum say she was 21? Enjoy this too.

Sherbert37 Mon 16-May-11 19:08:09

Cross posts!

Saltire Mon 16-May-11 19:11:14

sherbert -- i was just about to post the same thing about the mother and daughtergrin, and how many times did she say "i like quality, i can tell quality".?
Last night's episode was the first I've watched and i quite enjoyed it

AlistairSim Mon 16-May-11 19:11:37

I love it!

Really like the manager.

Spill with the hotel stories, please.

purpleknittingmum Mon 16-May-11 19:12:36

I love this! Oh yes hated that mother from last nights episode! Her hair style was a bit odd!

I love Wayne! And that wedding party sound a nasty crowd!

AngryFeet Mon 16-May-11 19:24:38

Well I worked in Grosvenor House when I was 15 as a page girl when my Dad ran it. I met loads of celebs - best being Rod Hull grin. I once took a fax up and was greeted by a naked German couple who gave me a 5p tip hmm, a mad lesbian asked me and another girl upstairs to show her how to work her microwave and when we arrived she was wearing a see through negligee - we showed her how to make scrambled eggs grin, found a couple shagging on one of those tall ashtray things by the lift, went to get into a lift to find the Sultan of Brunei surrounded by men with machine guns (needless to say I waited for another lift).

When working and living at my Dads hotel I was asleep one night when a young couple broke into my flat and started going at it in my living room, saw my Dad hit a guest, lots of dead guests found sadly sad, one lady checked in then never checked out as she had gone to nearby Beachy Head sad, lots of people having explosive diarrorhea all over their beds and my poor mum having to clear it up.

My Dad wrote a book with lots of his stories about the hotels he has worked in and the guests.

AngryFeet Mon 16-May-11 19:25:25

Sorry that was a very brief rubbish overview of the things I have seen but am about to put the kiddies to bed so am rushing. Will think of some more stories and post later smile

paisleyII Mon 16-May-11 19:32:05

i love the manager too, he seems like a nice boss to me, nice to the staff i also love the way his dog follows him around. what about that dog poo in the middle of the floor and that the owner left it to the staff to clear up. that women (mother) was annoying, she seemed to complain about everything as if she was lady muck or something. actually, i always think the food looks nice, like real food as opposed to poncy trendy stuff. my dd and i are seriously thinking of going there..........

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Mon 16-May-11 19:38:42

I lived they way the edited it so that everytime that mum complained/moaned/bitched that nice couple with the dig were saying how lovely the exact same thing was grin

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Mon 16-May-11 19:39:53

*loved

bigTillyMint Mon 16-May-11 19:44:38

I love it too!

Hated that awful woman and her daughter last night. She reminded me of the tortoise from creature comforts, what a fool she made of herselfgrin

AngryFeet your dad's brave - isn't he worried it might put people off the hotel? I mean the people who work in this hotel are lovely, but I couldn't stand a night with some of the guests!

purpleknittingmum Mon 16-May-11 20:00:46

I can't wait to see the bit they keep showing a clip of where Wayne says 'either she goes, or I go...'

Kirk the chef is good too!

paisleyII Mon 16-May-11 21:26:18

i am looking forward to seeing the one where some guest goes to reception and says that there is someone in their shower...

purpleknittingmum Mon 16-May-11 22:24:19

oh yes paisleyII! That does seem odd!

Sarsaparilllla Mon 16-May-11 22:34:29

I'm loving this too, it's hillarious! grin

I was thinking the exact same thing about the mother/daughter - the daughter looked soooooooooooo embarrassed!!

UrsulaBuffay Tue 17-May-11 20:43:44

The one complaining about it being so dog friendly got short shrift (sp) grin

Where have I seen the owner before? Were they on one of those hotel nightmare programmes with that woman, you know the one...?

KenDoddsDadsDog Tue 17-May-11 20:50:12

I love it. It reminds me of the Armstrongs from a few years back.

purpleknittingmum Tue 17-May-11 21:07:32

UrsulaBuffay, the owner appeared in How the Other Half Live, took me a little while to recognise him

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: