Talk

Advanced search

The Killing - latest Eurocrime from BBC4

(1000 Posts)
muminlondon Sun 23-Jan-11 20:55:41

Promising start to the series last night - just as The Guardian promised, Prime Suspect meets State of Play with a bit of Wallander (i.e. Scandinavian and with subtitles). Really moving scene where the couple whose daughter's body had been found then tried to explain it to their younger children.

Anyone else see it?

Coleysworth Sun 23-Jan-11 20:58:20

I loved it!

bebumba Mon 24-Jan-11 08:36:32

Yes, loved it too. I can't wait for the next episodes.I have to confess I did let out a squeal when she uncovered the 'body' in the flats.

alexsdad Mon 24-Jan-11 11:53:27

Really enjoyed it. Loads of suspense, and good characters (though I did find the 'Oliver' character just a little far-fetched).

Also love seeing somewhere which seems as constantly wet, grey and generally as depressing looking as the UK. We are not alone!

TwoIfBySea Mon 24-Jan-11 12:48:54

I missed it but it is repeated on Wednesday if anyone else is in the same boat!

fatlazymummy Mon 24-Jan-11 15:32:29

Yes I watched it. I thought it was a little slow and boring at 1st but it really picked up.
I thought there was some brilliant acting from the murdered girls Mum and Dad, really sad and moving.
Can't wait for the next episode.

Highlander Mon 24-Jan-11 16:10:15

Excellent! How long will it be before Lund gets it on with Jan the man?!!

muminlondon Mon 24-Jan-11 23:20:58

No! She's too cool for Jan and has her Swedish boyfriend ordering the polar pine for the sauna ...

Coleysworth Mon 24-Jan-11 23:25:57

Will she ever get to Sweden though? Doesn't look like it, does it. She's po-leece through and through.

muminlondon Tue 25-Jan-11 07:18:28

They're on the third series in Denmark so she's kept him waiting a long time.

UpSinceCrapOClock Tue 25-Jan-11 10:55:43

Ooh ooh ooh - I've wanted to talk about this so much. And I have nothing but spoilers, so I can't

<<zips mouth>>

<<sits on hands>>

It's good though, isn't it?!

UpSinceCrapOClock Tue 25-Jan-11 10:58:28

No series 3 in Denmark yet though, I think they have said that if there is one, then it will be earliest 2012?

irisjohnson Tue 25-Jan-11 11:04:03

This was the best thing I've seen in ages. And after the initial adjustment I particularly liked listening to them speaking Danish.

muminlondon Tue 25-Jan-11 15:16:26

Yes, I just need to get familiar with the most common swear words like with Wallander.

I googled it a bit and I think the Internet movie database mentioned series 3. Lots more to look forward to as this series is 20 episodes!

Highlander Tue 25-Jan-11 15:27:22

<dare I say it> better than Wallander shock

UpSinceCrapOClock Tue 25-Jan-11 16:02:16

Highlander shock grin yup!

muminlondon - originally they were going to split the 20 episodes into 2 different series in DK, but everyone was so hooked they ran the final 10 earlier. Maybe that's how it came up as 3 series (as the second series would then be the 3rd series, if that makes sense?) Alternatively it could be because they have / are remaking it in the States, so that would account for an 'extra' series?

Which episode are you on in the UK? Who's the current obvious suspect?

muminlondon Tue 25-Jan-11 17:02:53

They seem to be showing 2 episodes per week so we've only seen the first two on Saturday.

So far we have a shifty ex prisoner, who may have driven the car they found, who has come back to rob a poor old lady prison visitor. We know the politician is having an affair with his PA who looks a bit untrustworthy to me. Not sure what else is significant.

doings Thu 27-Jan-11 13:43:28

Love this one - have only watched first episode and am savouring a bit of quiet me time to watch the second.

It manages to have a lot of foreboding in every scene - I found it unsettling without knowing why as have watched more 'scary' stuff than this.

notyummy Thu 27-Jan-11 21:23:45

Am watching this now. Very good!!

hogshead Thu 27-Jan-11 21:30:41

Oh I miss my mate wallandar on a Saturday night

Dh was going to buy me the series on dvd for crimbo until he realised it was 45 quid. I had to compromise and have some Wally books instead.

Is the killing really as good as people say it is?

notyummy Thu 27-Jan-11 21:34:23

Very good. Easily as good as Wallander.

hogshead Thu 27-Jan-11 23:12:49

Thank you I will clear some space and sky plus it!

Finbar Fri 28-Jan-11 17:52:43

I was a latecomer to Wallender - and loved it!

This series is fab too -it just draws you in.

I think the politician's pa is shifty too!

bondgirl77 Fri 28-Jan-11 19:14:02

I thought this was excellent, I can't wait til tomorrow night! It's easily the best thing on the telly box at the moment for the 9pm slot! Other than this need to get a good box set going...

Libra Fri 28-Jan-11 19:18:50

Am I the only person that thinks that the detective (the man - is his name Jan) did it?
He just seems to be screwing up the investigation right, left and centre, and I am sure that there must be a reason behind it all.

Am watching it with Danish DH and really enjoying. (Although Wallander's Sweden looks warmer!)

This thread is not accepting new messages.