Talk

Advanced search

Dancing On Ice is back tonight!!!

(119 Posts)
ChickensAreFlyingUnderTheRadar Sun 09-Jan-11 13:16:45

I don't care if you all think it's shit, I love it! I love the orange tans, the drag queen make up, the glitter, the sequins, the crap skaters being led around by their partners, the video clips of head injuries, all of it! I love Torvill and Dean creaking their way through their routines and the whole cheesey wotsit camp of it all.

KurriKurri Sun 09-Jan-11 13:26:30

I love it too, and there's even more contestants this year <<squeaks with excitement>>, do you have any pre-match favourites? grin

ChickensAreFlyingUnderTheRadar Sun 09-Jan-11 13:28:07

I'm quite looking forward to seeing Dave Vitty make an arse of himself grin

KurriKurri Sun 09-Jan-11 13:35:05

grin

I don't have a clue who some of them are, - but I love the fact that they are described as celebrities.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing if Dominic Cork can skate.

ChickensAreFlyingUnderTheRadar Sun 09-Jan-11 13:42:48

I do hope that Angela Rippon doesn't get hurt. I quite like Angela.

KurriKurri Sun 09-Jan-11 13:48:24

So do I - I think she'll be good, she's a good dancer.

ChickensAreFlyingUnderTheRadar Sun 09-Jan-11 13:58:00

I do hope they don't make her wear anything undignified. Jane doesn't get forced in to leotards any more I've noticed.

Raahh Sun 09-Jan-11 14:10:48

I love this, it is camp as Christmas.
I try not to get sucked in but do. As someone who can't even stand up on the ice, I am stupidly impressed by a bunch of z-list celebs learning to ice danceblush.

Jason Gardiner is like bad panto, but I love it.

And we can watch as Holly Willa-booby get bigger and more pregnant by the week.grin

KurriKurri Sun 09-Jan-11 14:24:31

Oh no I couldn't cope with Angela in a skimpy number. I seem to remember Aggie flashing far more than anyone would want to see a couple o years ago.

I also can barely stand up on ice, - that doesn't stop me criticising other people's spins and lifts grin

ChickensAreFlyingUnderTheRadar Sun 09-Jan-11 14:26:56

I hope there's at least one good skater. I adored Ray Quinn and Keiron Whatsisface, the rugby chap. I admit to a quiet loathing of the Katona woman, so hope she's crap.

OracleInaCoracle Sun 09-Jan-11 14:28:21

I lurve this, cant wait. have informed dh that he is doing the boys story tonight!!

Raahh Sun 09-Jan-11 14:57:58

I hope Kerry is rubbish- same way that Clare wotsit from Hollyoaks was the other year. She was full of herself and was the first one voted off- ha! ha!

I do judge (despite my lack of skating prowess)- especially when it gets to the end and they do the flying stuff- that's not dancing!

I think T and D look amazing stillenvy

OracleInaCoracle Sun 09-Jan-11 15:04:36

oh god, that emily woman from the inbetweeners last year was awful! i loved gary lucy though.

herbietea Sun 09-Jan-11 15:08:40

Message withdrawn

OracleInaCoracle Sun 09-Jan-11 15:13:18

my m oney is on jeff brazier, he's quite popular isnt he? <tries to pretend she never reads heat>

Eddas Sun 09-Jan-11 15:26:38

I can't wait! What time does it start?

ChickensAreFlyingUnderTheRadar Sun 09-Jan-11 15:57:05

6pm. I will be sat on the sofa, wine in hand. DH is on strict instructions to bath the DC and maybe give them a guitar lesson so that I can have some peace. DS2 is on a circus skills craze, and if I have to hear that diablo hit the floor one more time....<twitches>

herbietea Sun 09-Jan-11 16:06:08

Message withdrawn

Newgolddream Sun 09-Jan-11 16:21:03

I love this!! So looking forward to it, I love all the glitz and camp costumes and music - I particularly enjoy dances to music I love, especially when they are romantic.

Its filmed in HD for the first time for anyone with Sky HD, bit pissed about that as we pay for this to have it but because I live in Scotland STV is having a fight with ITV and Sky so we dont get ITV HD. It would have been even better to watch it like that!

Wonder about the changes to judging panel - do you think Karen Barber wanted to be a coach instead or was she pushed lol? And Nickys gone to, I liked him.

I hope they get someone who is eventually as good as Ry Quinn - without a doubt he has been the best DOI contestant ever. He was a sheer joy to watch.

ChickensAreFlyingUnderTheRadar Sun 09-Jan-11 16:22:21

Oh arse. Yes, 6.30pm. Bugger.

Raahh Sun 09-Jan-11 16:59:00

Are there only 3 judges? On the website, there i only Robin, emma and Jason. That's a bit odd- since neither Emma or Jason are actually skaters. Am i missing someone?

5inthebed Sun 09-Jan-11 17:02:46

I love it! It is the only "sleb" programme I watch.

One of my friends put this as her FB status earlier:

XXX thinks Kerry Katona is bound to do well on Dancing On Ice. Anything that involves cutting the white stuff with a blade will be second nature to her grin

ChickensAreFlyingUnderTheRadar Sun 09-Jan-11 18:22:55

grin at 5's fb friend.

Ten minutes, ladies! <bounces with excitement>

Raahh Sun 09-Jan-11 18:40:58

hmm Kk is partnered with one of the most popular pros, so that will go in her favour. Even if she is rubbish[fingers crossed emoticon]

girlylala0807 Sun 09-Jan-11 18:43:16

I missing it!

Damn ITNG will finish soon. What am I missing? I love it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: