Talk

Advanced search

Which Tanker decided to give Thomas a rap theme tune?

(19 Posts)
Liv77 Fri 07-Jan-11 22:11:54

This may be old news but it was the first time i'd seen it today.
The God Awful rap theme to Thomas the Tank. shock DS (2) loved the old one on Thomas and his Friends that actually had a tune a preschooler could follow. He spent the entirety of this one shaking his head and shouting No, No Wrong at the screen.

Does anyone have children who like the rap version? hmm

Hai1988 Fri 07-Jan-11 22:46:05

I do here, DS 5 loves it

MrsKitty Fri 07-Jan-11 22:50:17

It's awful, isn't it.

Just when I thought I couldn't dislike Thomas anymore, someone comes up with this.

lifeinagoldfishbowl Fri 07-Jan-11 22:53:32

Don't think I've heard it - is it on youtube?

Liv77 Fri 07-Jan-11 23:00:19

Yes found it here

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApD0QkpF_Ks&feature=relate d

Hope the link works, on the episode we saw today they also had the words on screen

lifeinagoldfishbowl Fri 07-Jan-11 23:23:18

WTF shock

monkeyslut Sat 08-Jan-11 11:31:15

Bloody hell...that sounds so early 90s! Utter pants.

This is the best version

Triggles Sat 08-Jan-11 15:05:28

Our 4yo and 1yo were quite annoyed at it. 1yo kept hitting the screen with his hands and growling at it.

BertieBotts Sat 08-Jan-11 15:11:01

Oh nooooooooo... DS is obsessed with the current theme tune. He calls it "falling trucks" (It took me MONTHS to work out what he meant) and we have to sing it together at bedtime

BertieBotts Sat 08-Jan-11 15:15:29

OH MY GOD I just watched the video of the new one.

WHAT THE FUCK HAVE THEY DONE TO IT??

Thomas used to be one of the few programmes on for children that moved slowly and didn't constantly flash between camera shots all the time. With this theme tune they have completely undermined that. No wonder television is always being touted as harmful.

UnquietDad Sat 08-Jan-11 15:54:26

Oh good grief!
Is nothing sacred??

MC Thoma$ and Da Urban Sodor Krew! Wikkid!

Liv77 Sun 09-Jan-11 00:14:14

Yes, Bertie that's pretty much what I thought. It just so doesn't go with the show's contents. angry

The version you linked to is the version my DS loves. As I said i don't know when it changed as there is always Thomas on a channel somewhere but God that rap version was Horrid. Anyone know how recent it is?

As for the lyrics "Thomas you're the leader", well he's not really is he, the main plot line of T.T.T is that Thomas or one of his friends balls something up and they all learn together/realise how to sort it out.

In the episodes we saw Thomas was going to collect a present for the Fat (or should that now be Phat) sad Controller's mother. Not exactly urban ghetto is it. biscuit

elphabadefiesgravity Sun 09-Jan-11 00:19:36

It originated in one of the films as an ending song.

I personally don't like it becasue Thomas was one of the few programmes that had songs sung by good model of singing, children's voices which my ds imitated. He has developed a lovely tone and tuning (young children learn a lot by imitation) unlike dd who listened to Lazytown and has a few bad habits now.

Liv77 Sun 09-Jan-11 00:28:14

I have about 30 episodes with the nice song on the Sky+ box. I nearly deleted some over Christmas as the memory was nearly full but I didn't. DS will be watching those again (and again, and again)

merryberry Sun 09-Jan-11 01:52:45

it's so so naff.

cantgetlaidingermany Sun 09-Jan-11 19:59:32

It's naff beyond words

The3Bears Sun 09-Jan-11 20:03:58

Heard it ages ago at the end of one of the thomas films, ds wasnt too keen.

Ds just loves the current one also and never stops singing it

Glitterknickaz Sun 09-Jan-11 21:05:47

OMG that is shit.

cakeforbrains Sun 09-Jan-11 21:34:13

wrong wrong wrong. Thankfully [hmmm] my DM bought us a box set of all the original thomas episodes, guess we'll be watching them now instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now