Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone elses child Wiggles mad?

(31 Posts)
Partyof52010 Fri 07-Jan-11 14:04:19

My Ds (2.5) is, will literally watch them all day, every day. Now DD (5) has decided she likes them too, and to cap it all DS2 (1) has started dancing along.

Final straw though...I had a very erotic dream about the yellow wiggle (Sam) and now blush and have to leave the room whenever he's on.

We've got front row tickets for their tour in June, coincides nicely with DS 3rd birthday. Maybe I'll have learnt to control myself by then hmm

jollyma Fri 07-Jan-11 14:08:01

lol, my ds1 loved them as a preschooler. We went to see them 2 years running. It was a fantastic show and well worth going to. That was pre Sam though!

OgreTripletsAreSoCute Fri 07-Jan-11 18:25:55

My favourite was the blue one! Sam's the best singer I think though. Yes, we watched this endlessly for a while, what was the name of that song that used to get stuck in my head, Dr Knickerbocker or something, aargh!

suwoo Fri 07-Jan-11 18:28:11

I have all the toys here going cheap if you're interested? Sorry for the plug, but thought you might be. blush

<<runs off before MNHQ tell me off>>

arentfanny Fri 07-Jan-11 18:30:53

GReat show, we went to see it ast year, very surreeal but DD loved it, take flowers for Dorothy.

wigglesrock Fri 07-Jan-11 18:46:19

Look at my user name blush DD1 (5) has loved them for several years, her grandparents bought her a very cheap DVD years ago and that was the beginning of it, dd2 (3) also loves them. But we are old skool grin, we still miss Greg (original yellow) and we loved Anthony before he got his teeth done and expensive haircuts!!!

Mr Wiggles took dds to see them last year, said it was fab. We have lots of DVDS (Big Red Car etc) but also have Christmas with the Wiggles, very old, pre Sam but possibly one of the sweetest things you will ever watch, and I'm hard as nails. PS They're all over or pushing 50 now (apart from Sam) but they are Australia's biggest musical earners or something else equally unbelievable grin

QODneystones Fri 07-Jan-11 18:51:01

OMG MY dd lived breathed & spoke Wiggle from age 2 to 6 - we won a tea party with the Wiggles which was amazing, we also met them 3 other times blush
I love Captain Feathersword best

TwoIfBySea Fri 07-Jan-11 19:27:21

My dts adored the Wiggles, went to see their show in Glasgow a couple of times. This was with the other yellow - before the new one took over.

If you think you have a problem now wait until you see them live! Captain Feathersword...that's all I'll say!!!

FooffyShmoofer Fri 07-Jan-11 19:42:45

DDad bought my DS a video tape from the pound shop in 2004 and the obsession started there.

Tapes, DVDs, CDs, concerts and toys and the yellow Greg Wiggle shirt ordered from Australia.

Thought we were over it until DD who is 2.5 found the Wiggles guitar in a toy box the other week and.... here we go again!

Partyof52010 Fri 07-Jan-11 19:47:44

Captain Feathersword....really?! wigglesrock I too have grandparents to blame. One dvd and that was it. I have since added extensively to the collection so as not to get too fed up! A friend gave us the christmas dvd too, and it is quite sweet. but we're still watching it in this house, and have been since september.

Anthonys teeth are blinding. I'm sure you should wear special glasses when looking directly at him or something.

DS takes great delight in bursting into our room at 6am each day and yelling "wake up Jeff" at my DH. Its added a few more grey hairs.

My friend has worked with them on a tour years ago (he was a techie) and said they're all lovely but work incredibly hard. DH says he fancies being one as a way to loose weight. Has anyone seen the very funny videos on youtube of Anthony doing exercises? He's got great guns. Stupid teeth.

The obsession is purely DSs though, you understand.

suwoo- oooh, can you give more details?!

jollyma Fri 07-Jan-11 20:35:59

It was how hard they worked that really struck me. They performed as if it was their first show even though Greg's bad back was stopping him from wiggling as much as normal the second time we went. They must be sooo sick of singing the songs but didn't let it show. I'm hoping ds2 gets into it soon, i'm fascinated by the prospect of viewing Anthony's make over.

jollyma Fri 07-Jan-11 20:36:31

It was how hard they worked that really struck me. They performed as if it was their first show even though Greg's bad back was stopping him from wiggling as much as normal the second time we went. They must be sooo sick of singing the songs but didn't let it show. I'm hoping ds2 gets into it soon, i'm fascinated by the prospect of viewing Anthony's make over.

jellybeans Fri 07-Jan-11 21:22:31

My older ones watched them but not massively but youngest loves them obsessively. I used to think they were abit odd but now through DS accidental youtube discovery of them we are all big fans- even my teenager..! They are bright cheerful and funny and cute. I have seen them and they are very good.

suwoo Fri 07-Jan-11 21:35:02

Erm....<<rummages in revision filled brain>>

I have a Dorothy, an octopus and a dog which all sing and are immaculate. Any good to anyone?

Partyof52010 Fri 07-Jan-11 21:37:21

Meeee!!! <<<hands up and waving about>>> Please. grin

suwoo Fri 07-Jan-11 21:41:57

suwoo@hotmail.co.uk ;)

Partyof52010 Fri 07-Jan-11 21:42:53

Thankyou suwoo, standby!

Liv77 Fri 07-Jan-11 21:52:42

i hadn't heard of them until we saw a trailer on a Fireman Sam DVD. DS is 2.8 and learnt all the actions to Rock a Bye Bear from it.
I got him the best of DVD for Christmas and he seems to prefer the older songs. He wasn't so keen on the live songs and took an instant dislike to Leo Sayer appearing shouting No, No, No at the TV until we skipped to the next song. grin He did like Rolf Harris though. Personally I have developed a little soft spot for Greg blush

This afternoon I had to make a Henry out of Playdoh.

jellybeans Fri 07-Jan-11 21:54:18

Mine was terrified when Rolf Harris came on!

Liv77 Fri 07-Jan-11 21:55:47

My DS was mesmerized my his wobbleboard Jelly

wigglesrock Fri 07-Jan-11 22:00:33

My dd(5) refers to Kylie Minogue as the woman off the Wiggles DVD, or as Dannii's sister grin (she all of a sudden got obsessed by X Factor this year, I blame school)

Partyof52010 Fri 07-Jan-11 22:05:34

Love it! DS1 calls Kylie 'Monkey Man' as she appears on that song. He also covets 'Monkey Mans pretty shoes.'
Poor Kylie. All those years of hard work to be known as woman off wiggles dvd, or, indeed MonkeyMan. grin

jellybeans Fri 07-Jan-11 22:09:53

grin ah yes it was the wobbleboard song that scared him. He actually will watch it now but it is not his fave and sometimes he shoves the control at me to skip it!!

QODneystones Fri 07-Jan-11 22:31:38

awwwwww this all takes me back so much!!

I know sooooooo much about them that it's sad!

Jeff - hmmmmmm - no love interests ever come forward

Greg (origional yellow) married a groupie, had a child and shared her son too, then split when he left the wiggles and now remarried with another child and recovering from his orthostatic intolerance - loves to play big band music and had a few gigs in vegas some years ago

Anthony - we were CONVINCED he was gay but nope, unless she is his beard,he married a lovely lady and has 2 little girls and a boy - rumoured to have recently had an afair with a wiggly dancer so his wife is touring with them AS a dancer periodically.

Murray - love that man, he was so so lovely with dd - signed her Greg doll (i know i know...) and chatted and knew her by has first name a year after we'd seen them - in fairness, I was on the wiggles message board when it had like 40 members..

Captain - aaaaaaaah gorgeousness, again, thought he was gay but no 0 married with a child

I watched them live 4 times with my besotted dd and the tea party, so sad when she stopped wiggling

We ave a whole box of memorabilia, bobble heads etc - sigh.

jellybeans Sat 08-Jan-11 13:49:00

wow thanks for that info. I can't imagine Anthony having an affair, hope he didn't I like Murray best as well he is so cool. I can't wait till their next show :D

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: