Talk

Advanced search

DIY SOS - the big build.....anyone else watching?

(11 Posts)
McDreamy Thu 06-Jan-11 20:32:22

sad

kiwibella Thu 06-Jan-11 22:31:43

yep, I watched. It was an incredible make-over. I've been trying to find a suppliers list... I want to use one of the paint colours grin.

goldenticket Thu 06-Jan-11 22:35:42

I switched on about 10 minutes before the end and saw what they'd done but missed the back story - had the dad died? sad

kiwibella Thu 06-Jan-11 22:54:33

yes, I missed the beginning but caught up that the father had died after starting the extension. I read online that his best friend wrote in to the show.

slartybartfast Thu 06-Jan-11 22:55:05

yes, there were help lines given at the end.

slartybartfast Thu 06-Jan-11 23:00:25

did he take his own life shock

borderslass Thu 06-Jan-11 23:35:11

watch here

Alambil Fri 07-Jan-11 02:39:57

yes slarty. The parents divorced when the kids were young but had a good parenting relationship, then the dad lost his job and couldn't finish the build and then took his life... must have felt so, so awful...

I love the build they did this week and the way it was revealed too.

I did shed a tear when the dd was at the garden centre with Billy; he's so good with that sort of thing, having been through loss himself

ChippingIn Fri 07-Jan-11 05:08:35

I missed the beginning as well and wondered how the Dad had died, but I did think it was a bit strange how there didn't seem to be much of him around the house and how they kept talking about making a new start and stuff, it seemed a little odd terminology - but it all makes sense now

It's so hard for children to lose a parent, but to suicide... you just can't imagine how hard tht must be. I am so so sorry for those of you who do actually know how hard it is x

Great reveal too - though we were wondering if the chill room came with free physio appointments - because you'd need them if you watched the TV from the sofa!! grin

McDreamy Fri 07-Jan-11 08:14:32

That was the bit that got me Lewis sad

I didn't realise he took his own life, how tragic sad

verytellytubby Fri 07-Jan-11 20:32:25

I was sobbing at the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now