Talk

Advanced search

Nisha from Same Smile - is she doing CBeebies presenting long term now?

(15 Posts)
StrikeUpTheBand Wed 05-Jan-11 13:49:02

I keep seeing her on CBeebies - doing Birthday Time and now this week co-presenting with Cerrie.

Just wondered if anyone knew?

StrikeUpTheBand Wed 05-Jan-11 21:10:44

bump

Rockbird Wed 05-Jan-11 21:11:47

She was a bit rubbish at the birthday cards, poor girl.

Motherfunster Wed 05-Jan-11 21:17:59

She makes me feel like I’m chewing tinfoil… The singing, dear god the singing.

But she’s not a 'head in the oven' start to the day like Zingzlas. Its the only remote island I would support nuclear testing on, with out removing the original inhabitants.

StrikeUpTheBand Wed 05-Jan-11 21:44:45

grin

I didn't think she was too bad actually. I was amused by how incredibly cheap and lazy her segment with Cerrie before Something Special this week - where their only prop appears to be a laptop with Justin's signing demonstration on it and the two of them copying him (they were signing 'cow' today if you didn't see it grin). Not as bad as a few of Andy's though!

I do agree though about the singing!

StrikeUpTheBand Wed 05-Jan-11 21:46:32

I just wondered why she was on so much this week. Maybe Alex is on holiday?

(no honestly I do have a life!).

NoseyNooNoo Wed 05-Jan-11 22:14:29

They always seem to have extra presenters in January, presumably due to presenters having time of when the clips are filmed in December.

ButterPieify Thu 06-Jan-11 09:20:37

What do you think the working week in like for a cebeebies presenter? Do you think they spend a full day filming all the segments, or do they do it in shorter bursts?

StrikeUpTheBand Thu 06-Jan-11 10:48:50

I reckon they film a whole set of segments along the same theme all at the same time and then show them over a week. So often you see them making something like a picture and one day they will do (for example) the grass, then the clouds, then a house and finally flowers (etc).

gingercat12 Thu 06-Jan-11 12:53:13

I think Katie from I Can Cook is pregnant, or so she seemed in the latest programmes. So I think they are one woman down, that is why Nisha took up more work. I might be wrong.

QuoththeRaven Thu 06-Jan-11 21:20:25

she co-presented with alex in november iirc, think its just to cover time off by other presenters. they're all in it together so to speak

Monadami Thu 06-Jan-11 23:46:07

I don't like Nisha, something a bit fake about her and I get the feeling she and Cerrie don't gel. I do like Katie from I can Cook, she reminds me of a lovely lady I use to work with.

Motherfunster Fri 07-Jan-11 00:52:13

Nisha wants Cerries job.

I enjoyed the bit where Nisha is trying to out wit Cerrie by taking the tambourine and leaving the maracas for Cerries during a link, but demonstrated a skillful one hand playing method.They seem to be trying to out gush each other..

BTW postman pat likes taking crack.Say so in the music...

God save my sanity from the electric nanny.

StrikeUpTheBand Fri 07-Jan-11 08:22:09

She's probably covering Alex as others have said. I always think when Justin does some covering of presenting bits he makes the job look like a doddle to him - like he could knock 50 or so segments out over lunch or something! grin.

Nisha isn't as annoying to listen to as that awful-sounding man on CITV's Finders Keepers (the new version). No offence to anyone with that accent, it's more the lazy way he speaks that drives me nuts!!

Off topic a little, but last year DS found Jungle Run (which has Chris Jarvis from about a decade ago) and he was HOOKED. I was more amused though as it seemed to me like Chris was putting on an accent and a deeper voice and it just seemed really bizarre!

StrikeUpTheBand Fri 07-Jan-11 08:29:03

LOL Motherfunster @ tambourine-snaffling incident! I can just imagine them trying to outdo each other! I do like the way Cerrie deals with every 2-handed task with common sense - it does show the children that someone with a disability can be adaptable.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: