Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else put off Nigel Slater by the close ups?!

(6 Posts)
felicity10 Mon 03-Jan-11 20:00:19

...of him eating. Nice recipes, a little unrealistic about what I might have lurking in my fridge, but anyhow, I would enjoy it so much more if they didn't keep showing close up's of his mouth! He is not Nigella!

EEEeewwwwwwwww!

Indith Mon 03-Jan-11 20:04:35

He makes me shout at the TV. No I do not have a spare £20 bit of parmasan! Nor do I ahve enough spare fillet steak or whatever that is big enough to feed my entire family!

Did anyone happen to catch how much flour to his 300ml of yoghurt for the quick bread though? Would be useful for days when I've not go my arse in gear and forgotten to start the bread in the morning.

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 03-Jan-11 20:07:20

Oh he gets on my nerves.

He writes so beautifully yet he is painful to watch, like a strange mix of Alan Bennett crossed with Rigsby.

RedRosie Mon 03-Jan-11 20:08:26

Don't. He's lovely. One of my favourite men after DH, my DF and (the late) Nigel from the Archers. Sob. He's a great cook as well.

I'm very middle class aren't I?

BelligerentGhoul Mon 03-Jan-11 20:10:31

Eeeww indeed. I can't watch him. Can't watch Nigella either - both are good to read but awful to watch. And his books irritate me because they contain so little that could actually form a 'proper meal' for three vegetarians and a greedy but very skinny dp!

aviatrix Mon 03-Jan-11 22:59:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now