Talk

Advanced search

Does it make me a bad person??

(8 Posts)
Hai1988 Sun 02-Jan-11 21:34:01

Am i a bad person for not boycotting or annoyed about the EE baby storyline??

As it seems everyone on here is against it.

I see it as at the end of the day it is just a soap and they are gonna occasionaly touch on sensitive issues

earwicga Sun 02-Jan-11 21:38:34

Dunno, stopped watching it when they did all that gang stuff and Dirty Den etc.

Shame as I had watched it from the beginning.

Hai1988 Sun 02-Jan-11 21:40:44

Oh i could never stop watching EE i am a total die hard fan, been watching since 1996 but have seen old eps on Gold

WanderingInAWinterWonderland Sun 02-Jan-11 21:46:50

I don't think it's the "sensitive issue" ie. The SIDS that people have a problem with. It's the ridiculous "baby swapping." It's offensive that soaps such as EE make out that if a woman loses a child, she's going to suddenly be unhinged and dangerous and want to steal someone else's. It's bollocks and happens all the time in soaps.

A mother who has lost their child doesn't want someone else's. They want their own! The storyline is insulting to women who have lost children and the fact that they have used it as their New Year "big storyline" is horrible!

I have never lost a child (apart from an early MC which was bad enough) and I pray to god that I never will so I could not even begin to comprehend what people who have have been through sad.

No, it doesn't make you a bad person for watching EE. I have also watched it (open mouthed) but it is shit though. The acting and the storylines recently have been crap. I'll probably stop watching it too, TBH. It's far too depressing.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 02-Jan-11 22:01:34

I shall still watch ee

Have seen every episode and on sky+ linked so even when on holiday I will come home and watch 4hrs of it if been away for 2 weeks

It's not the cot death but the swapping

But as I said on the other thread poor ronnie has been through hell and is probably mentally deranged from

Being raped by father/getting pregnant at 14/15&having to give up her dd for adoption/having a mc/finding her dd and then having one day with her and then seeing her killed infront of her/ findig out her mum KNEW her daf was raping her but did nothing/ finding out Yr sister slept with your boyfriend and is pregnant with his child/finding out that Yr father is still a rapist and that he got murdered

So ronnie will prob end up in a mental hospital after what she has done

cantgetlaidingermany Tue 04-Jan-11 13:38:14

NO...I don't really want to see any of it

serajen Tue 04-Jan-11 13:39:36

am finished with it now, they've crossed a line in my opinion and using terrible stuff as 'entertainment'

Pingpong Tue 04-Jan-11 22:26:18

I'm still watching. Like Blondes I sky + and watch when DH is working nights.
I haven't joined in the other threads as they are way too long to read but I'm not boycotting and still watching.
Soaps have always had over the top storylines and do not replicate real life. The first soaps I ever watched were Dynasty and Dallas with my granny grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: