Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone watch DIY SOS The big build last night?

(10 Posts)
gregssausageroll Fri 31-Dec-10 11:15:44

I caught the last half of it.

What a tiny house for 3 of them but what I don't get is where where the chest of drawers and wardrobes for the boys in their rooms?

potplant Fri 31-Dec-10 11:20:32

Sshhh you not supposed to notice practical stuff like that. Just marvel at the loveliness of it. (I was more alarmed at the open fire in the middle of the living room myself).

I want DH to knock the back of our house down so nick Knowles will come round and fix it for me.

MaureenMLove Fri 31-Dec-10 11:23:22

I think the sons actually lived with their mum and spent weekends with dad. So no need for much storage space for then? Cluntching at straws I think!

That fire in the front room, was a bit odd, wasn't it? The rest of it was nicely done though, I thought.

gregssausageroll Fri 31-Dec-10 12:22:33

I liked the kitchen but the fire in the lounge and the planks of wood to cover the thing up the wall were not my cup of tea.

Numberfour Fri 31-Dec-10 18:23:20

I quite liked the planks on the wall effect. Hated the decking in the garden, though, but then I am not a fan of decking anywhere, anytime, ever.

I really liked the decor, but I am not sure I could let someone else just clear out my house like that. I am very sentimental about some things (hoarder!) and the house seemed quite sterile.

RantyMcRantpants Fri 31-Dec-10 18:27:17

This was a very special DIY:SOS indeed. It staems from a cry for help on Moneysavingexpert.com and all the people who supported and helped him on there. Most of the people there were from the forum.

RantyMcRantpants Fri 31-Dec-10 18:29:22

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2946 872

geishahamster Sun 02-Jan-11 21:46:50

You're so right about the boys living with their mum. I have known the family for approx ten yrs and since the divorce the boys have lived with their mum full time.

It's a shame that the prog gave the impression the boys lived there, as they in fact only visit the dad occasionally. You can't believe everything you see on the telly!

JeezyPeeps Mon 03-Jan-11 08:56:26

It was clear in the programme that the boys were only there at weekends.

gregssausageroll Mon 03-Jan-11 09:16:00

Thanks! As I said, I only caught the last half so didnt know the full cicumstances.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now