Talk

Advanced search

URGENT - help me catch up with Corrie!

(24 Posts)
PlentyOfParsnips Fri 24-Dec-10 17:49:26

I stopped watching quite a while ago now (Molly was pregnant at the time). I'm going to my mum's tomorrow and we'll be watching the next few episodes together. What do I need to know? No spoilers please smile

IAmReallyFabNow Fri 24-Dec-10 17:51:00

confused

How can we fill you in without there being a spoiler? Do you mean shows that have already been shown?

onimolap Fri 24-Dec-10 17:57:10

That's quite a lot!

Rather than cover it here, could I suggest you have a look at this Corrie Blog which has monthly summaries in its archive. It's not usually heavy on spoilers, and those that are there are normally well signposted.

PlentyOfParsnips Fri 24-Dec-10 18:05:34

Ah cheers, though not sure I'll have time to read that blog tonight. I don't need to know everything I've missed, but would be good if somebody could tell me the main storylines that are going on at the moment.

By no spoilers, I mean if you know what's going to happen tomorrow, please don't tell.

PlentyOfParsnips Fri 24-Dec-10 18:08:02

Then I can ask annoying questions about who the new characters are. This is instead of getting on my mum's tits tomorrow while she's trying to watch it.

MrsDingDongMerrily Fri 24-Dec-10 18:10:56

The tram crash then is the main one. Ashley and Molly died, Peter nearly died and married Leanne in hospital but is recovering. Just before she died Molly told Sally that Kevin was the father of her baby, Sally has chucked Kevin out, Tyrone has given the baby to Kevin who is homeless. Becky looted £5000 from the wreckage of Dev's shop to pay off her extorting younger sister so that Becky could keep sister's toddler Max. Steve and Becky are unable to have children and were turned down for adoption. Fix gave birth prematurely to a baby who is in SCBU. Carla is an alcoholic. Nick Tilsley is in love with Leanne, they were having a affair before the crash. Phew.

MrsDingDongMerrily Fri 24-Dec-10 18:13:42

Steve chucked out Becky when he found out about the looting. Gary Windass served in Afghanistan, was blown up, not physically badly injured but his best friend died. He now has post traumatic stress disorder.

Clare's house, Dev's shop and the Kabin were destroyed by the tram.

MrsDingDongMerrily Fri 24-Dec-10 18:15:03

The John and Fiz storyline is so complex and unbelievable I'm not even going to start on it.

chrimblycompo Fri 24-Dec-10 18:22:09

Where is tracey and steve's child?

PlentyOfParsnips Fri 24-Dec-10 18:28:22

Thanks, Mrs

'... married Leanne in hospital but is recovering' grin

Why were steve and becky turned down?

PlentyOfParsnips Fri 24-Dec-10 18:29:27

Is Tracey still in prison?

onimolap Fri 24-Dec-10 18:46:21

Tracey and Steve's child is Amy and she lives at The Rovers with Steve and Becky (and Liz when she's there), also Max (Becky's sister's son) at the moment - a private family arrangement which has involved various episodes of dissimilarion to SS. One key factor why Becky and Steve were turned down as prospective adopters was the wholly negative statement from Kylie.

onimolap Fri 24-Dec-10 18:49:52

Tracey is still in prison (for killing the Charlie Stubbs by bashing him on the head with a statuette).

PlentyOfParsnips Fri 24-Dec-10 18:51:30

who's kylie? Is she the extorting younger sister? Is Max her son?

MrsDingDongMerrily Fri 24-Dec-10 19:08:53

Yes, she is.

Peter and Leanne were due to marry the weekend after the crash, he was close to death and asked the hospital chaplain to marry him and Leanne. Peter has been mentoring Carla through here alcoholism and she has fallen for him and tried to split him and Leanne up, he has spurned her advances. Carla knows about the Leannd and Nick affair, as do Ken and Deirdre, but Peter does not.

Nick may be responsible for the tram crash, he owned a new bar under the arches, that night it was Peters stag night, Ciaran told Nick the gas cooker wasn't working, nick didn't do anything about it, later there was a massive explosion which wrecked the viaduct and caused the tram to crash.

chrimblycompo Fri 24-Dec-10 19:10:48

I've been watching since the tram accident and there is no Liz or Amy
or kym marsh for that matter

onimolap Fri 24-Dec-10 19:17:09

Liz is on holiday in Spain, the Cirrie children are rarely sighted, and Michelle us visiting Ryan in Glasgow. Is that her "real" son, or the one switched at birth? And how come that storyline dissolved so fast?

chrimblycompo Fri 24-Dec-10 19:31:42

I reckon they were too scared of the live acting bit grin

MrsDingDongMerrily Fri 24-Dec-10 19:49:40

Michele was back the other night wasn't she? Maria's son seems to have disappeared with all the other children.

Michele's son is the one she brought up, not the biological one. It is as if that never happened now.

Oh, and Jack Duckworth died a few weeks ago, plenty, if we haven't confused you enough yet. Tyrone only found he was not his baby's father after Molly died. Kevin had a DNA test done against Molly's wishes a few weeks earlier. Molly had been trying to get Kevin to leave Sally but he refused.

thenightsky Fri 24-Dec-10 19:59:17

Oh blimey.... how did Tracey get out of prison??? I thought she was banged up for murder.

Do they let murderers out for christmas these days then confused

onimolap Fri 24-Dec-10 20:06:04

That explains why we've set eyes on Amy for the first time in months: did she overhear what Becky told Claire about the deal with Kylie.

I have heard a spoiler about the reason for Tracey's reappearance. OP asked for no spoilers tho - shall I, or do you want to wait 30 mins?

thenightsky Fri 24-Dec-10 20:19:23

And have they changed the actress who is Amy?

PlentyOfParsnips Fri 24-Dec-10 21:22:57

Thanks!

braveandchristmassy Sat 25-Dec-10 12:44:35

Kim Marsh is pregnant so didn't have to do the stunts for the live ep so Michelle was sent up to Glasgow to see Ryan to keep her out of it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: