Talk

Advanced search

Cbeebies Panto

(15 Posts)
Pinkjenny Wed 22-Dec-10 15:23:36

The 'posh nosh' song is really bothering me. Means something veeeeerrry different where I come from. Dd singing it all the time is most alarming.

Panzee Wed 22-Dec-10 15:25:40

Have just looked that up on Urban Dictionary. Oh my!

TheFowlAndThePussycat Wed 22-Dec-10 15:31:32

Yes, me too! I'm glad it's not just me. Also my dd (3 yo) is deeply puzzled by the cross dressing thing and Katie looks like a tramp in those gold leggings and stilettos. I preferred last year's.

Pinkjenny Wed 22-Dec-10 15:35:17

Katie's leggings are terrible. The purple shoes, equally so. Last year's was better, I agree. Nothing tooo offensive about Katie as a fairy.

Poor dd is very confused, and keeps on asking me why Widow Twanky is calling Katie her son. 'But Katie is a GIRL, mummy'.

doradaisy Wed 22-Dec-10 15:40:46

that's disturbing. never heard that meaning before.

funny, my daughter kept saying 'no that's aladdin mammy' when i told her it was katie.

enjoyable enough, didn't see last year.

mister maker can't really act!

but andy is a great villan!

doradaisy Wed 22-Dec-10 15:41:39

sorry villain

Pinkjenny Wed 22-Dec-10 15:42:24

It is very disturbing, doradaisy, I agree. Good old Justin, the glue that holds it all together.

TheFowlAndThePussycat Wed 22-Dec-10 15:47:56

Yes, you've got to love Andy & Justin. I wonder if dd is just too young to understand that people are acting rather than being themselves. I should say that dd loves it anyway!

Pinkjenny Wed 22-Dec-10 15:48:40

TheFowlAndThePussycat - mine too. She is watching it relentlessly at the moment.

ShowOfHands Wed 22-Dec-10 15:53:28

It was rubbish this year.

Really they should just have Chris Corcoran draped in tinsel singing Jingle Bells.

Pinkjenny Wed 22-Dec-10 15:55:01

He is way too cool for the Cbeebies Panto.

nigglewiggle Wed 22-Dec-10 15:56:25

<<off to google "posh nosh">>

Back in a bit

nigglewiggle Wed 22-Dec-10 15:59:23

Ahhh, I see, it just means "fancy grub" where I come from. Come to think of it, perhaps I should Google "fancy grub." It might be a euphemism for anal sex or something grin.

Pinkjenny Wed 22-Dec-10 16:00:54

Probably, nigglewiggle. Is nothing sacred?

Panzee Thu 23-Dec-10 17:04:22

Why do they keep showing Jack and Jill? I had to go on the Iplayer to see Aladdin.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: