Talk

Advanced search

Battlestar Galactica!! Awesome female characters!

(5 Posts)
Heroine Fri 17-Dec-10 22:08:30

Just been introduced to Battlestar Galactica - sounds geeky but its really cool if you are patient and get into it - what i LOVE is how strong female and male characters overlap and have jobs that outrank each other and switch around and cool stuff is given to both genders to play without being self-conscious or weird about it (or say all the tough women being asshole ninjas or superbitches) i LOVE it - and fyi series 2 beats series one (but don't watch them out of order!) especially for people (again men and women alike) having little glitches of emotion and past memories getting in the way of stuff happening now and going briefly irrational eg suddenly inexplicably remembering a past love and blasting a cylon (the enemy!).. LOVE IT./. anyone else??

MyPrettyFloralBonnet Sat 18-Dec-10 10:55:57

It's brilliant, it gets better as it goes on, and I loved the ending.
Bought the blu-ray complete set when it came out, haven't had chance to finish watching it yet.

yama Sat 18-Dec-10 11:02:39

Yeah, I like how high ranking officers are called 'Sir' whatever their gender.

We've just to watch the second half of the last series (separate due to the writer's strike). Waiting on it coming down in price. Also a bit of delayed gratifcation going on.

Lydwatt Sat 18-Dec-10 15:32:38

Watched it start to finish on telly and it is the best scifi programme ever!

I loved the strong characters and also the way that each episode would be a complete surprise..totally unpredicable.

I also loved that, once they knew they were being axed, they took trouble to tie up all the lose ends.

Enjoy the rest of it, I am envious that you get to see it fresh!

verytellytubby Sun 19-Dec-10 16:53:55

Watched all of it on DVD. Loved it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now