Talk

Advanced search

Any human heart

(15 Posts)
mummydarlingsausage Sun 12-Dec-10 22:27:08

Has anyone else been watching this - i was in floods at the end! I really disliked his character in the first episode but felt sorry for him dying alone...

sethstarkaddersmum Sun 12-Dec-10 22:46:04

there's another thread somewhere but no-one has posted this week.
I warmed to him by the end too. he was just annoying in the first episode.

Clayhead Sun 12-Dec-10 23:40:59

Thought the whole series was excellent, I agree he became more sympathetic as he got older.

Great acting all round.

SparklyJules Sun 12-Dec-10 23:42:59

How many episodes are there? I watched the first, sky+ the second and then forgot about to do the rest! Will have to catch up online!

sethstarkaddersmum Mon 13-Dec-10 09:10:05

there were 4, last night's was the last

GettinFestive Mon 13-Dec-10 09:12:40

here's last thread

I thought this was brilliant, I will have to look at the bit again when he had his first heart attack and he used the phase "any human heart."

GettinFestive Mon 13-Dec-10 09:13:54

He was talking to Gabrielle about it's not what counts before that matters but what is to come.

BelovedCunt Mon 13-Dec-10 09:13:56

jim broadbent was fabulous. the other episodes were too disjointed, i only watch cos i had read the book.

donkeyderby Mon 13-Dec-10 09:16:12

I loved this and will miss it on Sunday evenings. So little quality on TV now. Matthew whatsisname was also incredibly sexy - I felt gutted when he turned into Jim Broadbent

GettinFestive Mon 13-Dec-10 09:17:12

I agree, the last two episodes were great, Jim Broadbent made him so sympathetic. I like Julian Rind Tutt also - Logan very nearly ended up in jail again.

sethstarkaddersmum Mon 13-Dec-10 09:34:00

I've just ordered the book.

Donkey - me too, Matthew McF is unbelievably hot a hugely talented actor.

BelovedCunt Mon 13-Dec-10 09:38:36

book is amazing seth. i did have to push through the first few chapters before i started to get it though

sethstarkaddersmum Mon 13-Dec-10 10:20:59

oh well I will be rushing through the first few chapters to get to the bit where he morphs into Matthew McF wink

Portofino Mon 13-Dec-10 10:22:30

I don't get ITV so haven't seen this. Loved the book though.

Deliaskis Mon 13-Dec-10 12:54:41

Seen the first three episodes, will watch last night's this evening on catch-up.

I've really enjoyed it (so far) and am looking forward to the last epi. I agree he was irritating in the first episode, but that's not really surprising - he's young, inexperienced and totally full of himself, which led to him making several bad decisions.

Looking forward to catching up tonight. Is there any more Matthew or is it all Jim?

D

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: