Talk

Advanced search

Tonight's Mentalist

(22 Posts)
zisforzebra Fri 10-Dec-10 22:00:07

Did anyone catch what the crispy cop said at the end to Jane?

I missed last week's episode and feel like I've missed a huge chunk of something. Was last week's episode a Red John one?

dutchmanswife Fri 10-Dec-10 22:03:13

I think he said 'Tiger Tiger' which I think is a reference to the end of the last season.

IAmRubyLennox Fri 10-Dec-10 22:48:05

remind me about the end of last season?

Lucycat Fri 10-Dec-10 22:55:55

Tis what Red John quoted to Jane last season- good stuff!

zisforzebra Fri 10-Dec-10 23:12:18

Thanks Dutchmanswife

Oohh, I'd forgotten about the end of the last series. Is it my imagination or is Simon Baker just getting foxier as the series goes on? grin

TragicallyHip Fri 10-Dec-10 23:28:53

Ah is that the same as what Red John had said to Jane when he was tied up? Have been trying to work it out.

Do you know what it means?

twirlymum Fri 10-Dec-10 23:38:30

Maybe it's

Tiger tiger, burning bright

It's a poem by Rudyard Kipling I think. I can't remember the rest blush

IAmRubyLennox Sat 11-Dec-10 11:38:30

it's William Blake:

Tyger, tyger, burning bright
In the forest of the night
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

I remember the bit with Red John now but I don't know if there's a connection with the poem.

twirlymum Sat 11-Dec-10 11:44:41

Oh yes, not Rudyard Kipling blush

twirlymum Sat 11-Dec-10 11:45:07

The guy was burning though?

IAmRubyLennox Sat 11-Dec-10 13:44:45

oohh, yes, hadn't thought about that.

They assumed that he'd been set on fire by another cop as revenge for shooting the sheriff, didn't they?

So is there an implication that Red John is a cop, or am I really reading way too much into this?

TragicallyHip Sat 11-Dec-10 14:52:15

Dh thinks Red John is a cop.

Could he have set himself alight?

It was definitely Tyger Tyger he said. Red John had read it out to Jane or maybe sent it to him, not sure. Apparently no one else should know about this too, so some people on the forum I was just reading are speculating that the cop was Red John but that would just be stupid really wouldn't it??!

diddl Sun 12-Dec-10 08:54:40

Isn´t that what Red John said to Jane when he (Jane) was tied to the chair & some teenagers were going to kill him & film it.

zisforzebra Sun 12-Dec-10 22:52:59

The crazy woman who was supposed to be Red John's girlfriend was poisoned in the same corridor while under police guard in the last series so tragicallyhip's DH may be onto something there.

diddl Mon 13-Dec-10 07:33:09

Don´t remember that!

Trouble is, I´m just so busy drooling over watching Simon Baker that the plot tends to pass me byblushgrin

IAmRubyLennox Mon 13-Dec-10 14:35:39

I get slightly distracted by both SB and also by wondering whether I could wear slim fit jeans and blazers and look like Lisbon (without necessitating a full face & body transplant). Think the gun on the belt may be required to really complete the look, but I'm not sure how well it would be received on the playground.

diddl Mon 13-Dec-10 17:59:39

Oh yes, I´m currently deciding whether or not to get a fringe like Lisbonblush

And I love Grace´s hair,and Rigsby isn´t bad eitherblush

whatkungfuthat Mon 13-Dec-10 20:46:19

I am still convinced that Red John is the old boss Minelli. RJ can seemingly get access to police buildings and computers and when that guy who was going to name RJ was killed back in the middle of the first series he wrote 'it was man' on the wall, which could mean he knew Minelli's name but not how to spell it. Also, the way he left was rubbish.

IAmRubyLennox Mon 13-Dec-10 21:51:17

yes diddl, agree agree agree.

And whilst not hot like Rigsby, Cho has the greatest one-liners:

'We're the California Bureau of Investigation. Like the FB, only more conveniently located.'

Can't remember how Minelli left either. Seriously, do I really watch this programme? I think the fact it's on a Friday night and I'm normally on the outside of half a bottle of wine and a family bar of Galaxy is serving to erase my memory of most plotlines.

HowardsLongLostLove Mon 13-Dec-10 21:58:37

I very much doubt that Minelli is Red John, he would still be in the series if that was the case.

Tbh if they ever catch Red John I don't think we will ever get to see who it is. Also Bruno Heller said he may never be caught.

HowardsLongLostLove Mon 13-Dec-10 22:00:18

Yes Rigsby is lovely! He is married to Lucy Davis <damn it>

Oblomov Mon 13-Dec-10 22:21:29

Like diddl, I struggle to keep up with plot, becasue Simon Baker just gets better, and better, and better, and ......

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: