Talk

Advanced search

Quick poll about children TV

(25 Posts)
gorionine Sat 04-Dec-10 08:40:30

it is a CBBC/Cbeebies VS CITV

I do not mind the Dcs watching CBBC but am not keen on CITV.

What Chanel do your Dcs watch?

gregssausageroll Sat 04-Dec-10 08:42:28

Playhouse Disney mainly. C5 milkshake is good but I hate the ads!

Hulababy Sat 04-Dec-10 08:58:42

8y DD:

Nickolodean mainly - Spongebob, iCarly, etc.

Earlier in the year it was always Disney Channel.

Not seen Cbeebies for years. She never really watched CBBC or CITV.

gorionine Sat 04-Dec-10 09:02:39

I only have the BBC ones or CITV oh and I forgot, C5 as well (thanks gregssausagerollsmile).

Yes the adds are a real "put off" for me the older DCs do not mind to much but DD4 (4) asks me to change chanel everytime as she hates ads (so proud of hergrin)

tribpot Sat 04-Dec-10 09:07:25

CBBC all the way. He used to watch Miss Spider on C5 but I much prefer advert-free telly. Mostly now he watches DVDs anyway.

onimolap Sat 04-Dec-10 09:09:13

The BBC channels mainly, to avoid adverts. But we did watch a lot of Milkshake too, as they had such nice programmes.

PatTheHammer Sat 04-Dec-10 09:13:42

Playhouse Disney and Cbeebies are good because no adverts although the shows on Playhouse disney are on an endless loop and very repetitive.

They watch Thomas and Ben and Holly on Nickjr. Occasionally Fireman Sam on Cartoonito. Although both of these do have copious adverts.

Cbeebies bedtime hour is the best for under 5's I think

PatTheHammer Sat 04-Dec-10 09:15:16

I think mine are a bit small for CBBC and CITV so I don't really know what is on them. Sorry!

soppypreggyloon Sat 04-Dec-10 09:16:21

cbeebies but ds is not even 2 yet.

can't stand adverts in things i watch and i've seen how mad excited he gets with ads for toys on other channels. thank goodness he's not old enough to remember the stuff and ask for it!

gorionine Sat 04-Dec-10 09:32:56

Do not worry soppypreggyloon, that time will come fast enough!grin

DilysPrice Sat 04-Dec-10 09:51:17

CBBC and CITV and Quest (DS is junior nerd) Irritatingly DD has fallen in love with CITV and the endless awful ads but at least she's 8 and old enough to understand that if a toy needs advertising on TV then it's probably rubbish.
I don't think Horrid Henry does her behaviour any good though, so she gets viewing privileges revoked for brattishness.

gorionine Sat 04-Dec-10 10:00:17

Dilly, how old is your Ds. I just baught a science facts book for Ds3 this one and he ablolutely loves it (so do his siblings who keep on pinching it whenever they can). Some facts are quite gruesome though (bodily fliuds and dead bodies involved as well as diseases I had never heard ofsmile)

I shall have a look at quest. i think DH has watched some programmes on it with them about putting some theorieds to the test and they quite enjoyed it. I never think about it though.

mugggletoeandwine Sat 04-Dec-10 10:04:31

Whatever she likes when it's her telly time.
I do hate the ads on CITV but she's 9 and knows she won't get stuff just because it's on there.
I quite like some of the CBBC shows. Deadly 60 obviouslygrin, Gastronuts, Blue Peter, Horrible Histories, Junior Masterchef. We watch those together.
I think Helen Skelton of Blue Peter is a great role model.

Sometimes she puts one of the music channels on too.

DilysPrice Sat 04-Dec-10 10:06:42

That does look fun, but perhaps slightly gruesome for DS who is 6. DGPs have bought him the complete Horrible Science collection for Xmas.

gorionine Sat 04-Dec-10 10:11:47

DS3 is 6 too but I tend to look at them with him and explain the facts a bit more than I do to the others. I think if he already had a look @ the horrible science ones he won'yt be too fricked outsmile. oh sorry he has not yet seen them has he, as it is a Christamas present?

PureAsTheDrivenShow Sat 04-Dec-10 10:11:58

In our old house you could only get freesat so we had Tiny Pop. DD adored Little Bear, Hurray For Huckle and Timothy Goes To School. We've moved now and she only watches CITV really. She likes Cat In The Hat and Curious George. But she does miss Tiny Pop.

She grew out of cbeebies v quickly. A lot of it's too young for her and she's only 3. ITNG, Waybuloo, Chuggington etc just don't hold her attention.

Actually, she prefers dvds.

PatTheHammer Sat 04-Dec-10 11:52:27

Ah yes, forgot about tiny pop, DD loved 'Timothy goes to school' and watched it a lot before she started school in september. I know it is American but I thought it was quite a good way to explain some of the things she could expect (minus the yellow school bus obviously!)

Muggle- My DD LOVES the music channels although she is olny 4 so I have to carefully edit what she can watch.

strandedatseasonsgreetings Sat 04-Dec-10 11:57:57

Discovery Kids. The Peurto Rican feed. So the programmes are in English but all the adverts and links are in Spanish. Very odd. But my 2-yr-old can now count to ten in Spanish. (Mind you all the Dora DVD's might have something to do with this as well).

We download Cbeebies and a couple of CBBC on I-Player and sometimes they watch Milkshake early on a weekend morning if the broadband speed is up to it. Back in the UK we used to watch NIck Jr and Playhouse Disney a lot.

I am not one to fret about things like adverts. As long as it keeps the dd's quiet....

Jinglesomeballs Sat 04-Dec-10 21:00:31

Nick jr and the occasional cebbiebes program

notnowbernard Sat 04-Dec-10 21:02:31

CBBC
C-Beebies
CITV

LunaticFringe Sat 04-Dec-10 21:05:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Meglet Sat 04-Dec-10 21:05:39

4yo & 2yo

Only cbeebies. I expect DS will want to watch CBBC when he starts school. I do let him watch the odd 'Deadly 60' though.

I don't let them watch adverts blush.

ShanahansRevenge Sat 04-Dec-10 21:09:22

Cbeebiess when I make them they enjoy it...they like playhouse disney and Nickleodeon...older DD (6) likes PopGirl and TinyPop.

FreudianFoxSquishedByAPouffe Sat 04-Dec-10 21:09:31

Milkshake in the morning, DVDs otherwise. I hate most of the cbeebies shows but she watches numberjacks and Charlie and Lola on iplayer.

However after Xmas we are considering ditching the tv license and only using it for DVDs/wii because we hardly watch any tv really.

ShanahansRevenge Sat 04-Dec-10 21:10:01

I meant Nick Jr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now