Talk

Advanced search

tramadol nights OMG

(15 Posts)
AitchTwoOh Tue 30-Nov-10 22:30:21

am stunned. i knew he was a fucked up woman hater but really...

mylifewithstrangers Tue 30-Nov-10 22:33:02

Me too, am sat here with jaw well and truely on the floor at the 'green mile' stuff. DP was laughing (at the george michael stuff) and I asked him what was so funny. Total gobshite telly, well and truely offensive.

SugarSkyHigh Tue 30-Nov-10 22:33:15

just saw it - fucking awful

mylifewithstrangers Tue 30-Nov-10 22:34:07

And how many times can I mispell truly??

AitchTwoOh Tue 30-Nov-10 22:35:09

i haven't actually seen the green mile, so i was just generally offended by that. so much of it went so far, i thought. like that thing about shooting a pregnant woman, one bullet in each tit. i mean wtf? and where were the JOKES?

rab florence is great, though.

mylifewithstrangers Tue 30-Nov-10 22:37:28

Neither have I Aitch, just have the general gist of the film. Hated the scene which was practically condoning rape though. And the Loose Women Iran was offensive in so many ways. Think the audience was laughing in nervous reaction (I hope) it certainly wasn't funny. Am amazed it is allowed

flibbertigibbert Wed 01-Dec-10 11:18:06

I didn't bother watching - I'm sick of comedians making people laugh by being as nasty and offensive as possible. Sounds like I made the right decision.

Punkatheart Wed 01-Dec-10 13:03:13

I have actually found Frankie Boyle very funny in the past but this was something else. Puerile, weak writing...not sharp enough to be offensive really. A bit like a little boy showing you his willy...just put it away and grow up.

I can't see this being recommissioned. Where was the wit? Frankie Boyle is best with his one off one liners on chat shows like Mock the Week. A little bit of shock, a little bit of cruelty and then back to the more reasonable comics. Unbearable in large doses, like sketches....

hifi Wed 01-Dec-10 13:22:25

the sketches were cringe worthy, i felt so embarrassed for him

AitchTwoOh Wed 01-Dec-10 14:22:14

seemingly he was boasting during his tour that the series will be cancelled after one episode...

mylifewithstrangers Wed 01-Dec-10 14:26:02

We can only hope confused

TigerseyeMum Sat 04-Dec-10 11:05:21

I deliberately didn't watch this as I thought it would be some kind of over-the-top pueriley offensive tripe.

I am the kind of person that actually feels embarrassed for comedians when their stuff falls flat so I didn't want to watch as I thought I would be cringing the whole way through.

Sounds like I made the right decision. Even the trailers for it seemed to be trying to hard.

mamadiva Sat 04-Dec-10 11:39:38

I used to like Franky Boyle but tired of the sexist/offensive/paedo references when he left MOck the Week, BUT I thought oh maybe this would be good so me and DP sat down to watch it...

Utter shit, we are from the same area as him so always got a lot of his kind of 'in' jokes but nope there was nothing funny, I think the only bit I laughed at (and out of shock) was the very first line outing some poor guy! It was that funny I can't remember what it was hmm

Won't be watching again.

walkinginaWUKTERwonderland Sat 04-Dec-10 11:43:35

Had to turn it over.
Was aghast at the One In Each Tit 'joke'.

He's probably delighted this his stuff is just too 'edgy and cool' for middleclass middleage mums though, or whatever we are this week.

Timbachick Sat 04-Dec-10 11:44:38

Have been brought to tears laughing at some of his stuff on Mock the Week.

Even bought tickets for his show (thought it was for 2009 but it was for 2010!!!...I know, how stupid am I?) By the time the show came round, early November this year, I was not really finding him funny anymore. We went, it was rubbish.

Watched about 5 minutes of Tramadol Nights and switch over --- utter, utter tripe. The Green Mile sketch was sickening.

Won't be switching on again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now