Talk

Advanced search

X Factor Rock Week 26th November

(1004 Posts)
SuePurblybiltByElves Fri 26-Nov-10 09:15:34

I'm starting the thread cos I won't be here sad.

Wagner Carrilho will be singing Radiohead's 'Creep'

Mary Byrne is lined up to sing U2's 'All I Want Is You'.

I don't know the rest but FFS, that's enough to be going on with. Do they think that The Wanger will finally lose the sympathy vote by murdering lovely Radiohead?

Anyway, I will watch it on Sunday if I can. Please continue the bitching as if I was amongst you grin.

UnquietDad Fri 26-Nov-10 10:08:20

Ooh, I wondered if they'd do this one!

I'm looking forward to seeing Wand Erection attempt to be "rock" in their wimpy way.

What would work for Cher? Perhaps the Aerosmith/Run DMC version of "Walk This Way"... or "Give It Away" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

UnquietDad Fri 26-Nov-10 10:11:38

I can see Mary doing a very predictable Bonnie Tyler Moment.

SuePurblybiltByElves Fri 26-Nov-10 10:25:16

What would work for Cher? A good bath and a calming sit-down I should think.

Wand Erection - will they do Queen to get the hand-clapping moments? Someone has to do Purple Rain cos it's XF Law.

SuePurblybiltByElves Fri 26-Nov-10 10:27:54

Somebody has to do "I don't want to miss a thing" too now I come to think about it. The article I saw said that Rebecca would be doing something upbeat and that Cher said "I like to rock, I'm not a candle".

What does that mean in the Hood do we think?

UnquietDad Fri 26-Nov-10 10:56:43

She will do "We Will Rock You" in da stoile of da Malvern Massive innit.

AliceandtheGinormousBaps Fri 26-Nov-10 10:59:56

Sue grin at good bath and calming sit down

Lets hope Katie doesn't do Queen after she messed it up in her audition

LittleWhiteWolf Fri 26-Nov-10 11:03:18

Could this be a problem week for Rebecca then? I don't think I've seen her do anything up-tempo...ah well, she'll maybe to "Who Wants to Live Forever" or something like that.

I thought TreyC did "I don't want to miss a thing" during the American Anthems week. The one with WandErection singing "Kids in America"

SuePurblybiltByElves Fri 26-Nov-10 11:07:10

Double Eviction (I know we say this every week) and two songs each. So plenty to go wrong.
I'm almost sorry to have a RL grin

gregssausageroll Fri 26-Nov-10 12:28:54

Yep. This Morning have just confirmed double eviction.

After last week, Wagner won't go. He'll be in the final - I'm almost convinced he'll win.

I'd like to see Katie and Cher go this week.

Leaks in the press say that Wagner consistently gets high votes.

juneybean Fri 26-Nov-10 12:29:43

I heard an awful rumour it was Dolly Parton week hahaha

Raahh Fri 26-Nov-10 12:39:30

If Wanger does the sweary version of 'Creep', do you think anyone will notice, since it is hard to understand him most of the time? grin Is the first time he has done something slow i think.

I love 'Creep'. Wanted it as my first dance at my wedding, but DH wouldn't go for itgrin

Sue, we will keep up the bitching in your honour. grin

ceebeegeebies Fri 26-Nov-10 12:42:59

OMg this thread has just brought last nights dream come flooding back to me blush

It was Wagner singing something slow (no idea what) and he was really good and the judges were gushing all over him....am I getting too involved in this series of X Factor??

(On an aside, Unquiet Dad have you seen the photos in the daily mail of Sarah Harding - she appears to have had her lips 'plumped' up a bit and looks almost unrecognisable!!)

midnightexpress Fri 26-Nov-10 12:44:21

SuePurbly, didn't TreyC already do Purple Rain earlier in the series?

Poor Rebecca. I bet they could make 'Rock' be Coldplay or U2 though and get her doing a good ballad or two, no? I could see her doing Fix You or One or something like that?

Wagner could reprise 'Bat out of hell' for us again confused

PLEASE god make him go home.

midnightexpress Fri 26-Nov-10 12:44:54

YY Sarah Harding - Bride of Wildenstein! Yikes. She was so purdy too.

ceebeegeebies Fri 26-Nov-10 12:46:59

midnight exactly - why would you do that to yourself when you are pretty anyway??

Also, TreyC has also sung One already this series (there seems to be a bit of a thread here of rock songs that TreyC has already taken grin)

Raahh Fri 26-Nov-10 12:48:13

Maybe they will let Cher do 'Stay', just for a change...

ooh, ooh, Linkin park ft Jay-z!! Yep, that would work.

SleepingLion Fri 26-Nov-10 12:48:52

OK - apparently Cher is doing Walk This Way - how predictable! UQD, you get a prize - have a biscuit

Mary's second song is apparently The Pretenders - Brass in Pocket.

Looking forward to seeing how Matt does (although frankly he could sing the telephone directory and I'd be drooling...)

SuePurblybiltByElves Fri 26-Nov-10 12:54:13

All of the songs I mentioned may have all been done. The XF years are starting to blur a little for me.grin

William (still not pandering to his silliness) has said he would like to duet with Cher. Hopefully far away.

SuePurblybiltByElves Fri 26-Nov-10 12:54:29

Also, who the feck is Sarah Harding?

UnquietDad Fri 26-Nov-10 13:16:30

ceebee - yes, I know - I was very disappointed

Sue - she is the most intelligent, talented and vivacious member of Girls Aloud and my celebrity girlfriend.

SuePurblybiltByElves Fri 26-Nov-10 13:19:48

Is she the hard-faced blonde <off to google>?

UnquietDad Fri 26-Nov-10 13:21:13

She is the gorgeous blonde. Nadine is the hard-faced one.

SleepingLion Fri 26-Nov-10 14:03:04

No, she is the hard-faced blonde, I'm afraid. Makes Cher Lloyd look like she should be presenting cbeebies.

SuePurblybiltByElves Fri 26-Nov-10 14:08:37

She is, sorry UQD. So much so that when I heard about Chezza hitting that loo cleaner I immediately thought it was Sarah. Sorry.

This thread is not accepting new messages.