Talk

Advanced search

FORRIN MNers, I have good news! i-Player is going global!

(15 Posts)
AitchTwoOh Wed 24-Nov-10 22:06:51

gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/23/bbcs-popul ar-media-player-going-global/

i know a few geeks who will like this. but how will you feel about the fee?

FerminaUrbinoDaza Wed 24-Nov-10 22:08:25

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Oh, fee. Bugger. Probably won't be using it then. Bugger.

How horribly expensive is it?

Portofino Wed 24-Nov-10 22:08:50

Bollocks to that! I get the BBC in Belgium without paying the licence fee! It is ITV and Channel 4 that I want.....

AitchTwoOh Wed 24-Nov-10 22:10:39

licence fee price. fair enough imo. buuuuuuut, these days.... no one pays for anything, do they?

i can't wait until someone sorts out a proper micro-payment system for EVERYTHING media. pay as you go is the way forward imo.

FerminaUrbinoDaza Wed 24-Nov-10 22:10:40

I get BBc where I am too, but only 1 & 2. There seems to be plenty on 3 & 4 I'd like to see.

MmeLindt Wed 24-Nov-10 22:11:03

Hurrah hurrah hurrah.

<snogs Aitch>

Ouch at fee though. Not sure I would pay it as I have BBC through my internet provider.

Tempting for catching up on stuff that I have missed.

MmeLindt Wed 24-Nov-10 22:12:29

Yes, Aitch. Why doesn't someone techy come up with a iTunes like system that we could pay for media on a pay as you go basis?

FerminaUrbinoDaza Wed 24-Nov-10 22:12:42

Yeah, fair enough, but I can get FT 3 & 4 for that. Just can't afford it. PPV would be excellent.

AitchTwoOh Wed 24-Nov-10 22:16:11

i really don't know. tuppence to read an article, or watch half an hour of vid, you wouldn't even count it up. seems very simple. so many people sign up for loyalty cards etc, it could be like that, you'd just fire in your password and it would land on your card.

in fact, if someone did it in conjunction with loyalty cards where you could use points for telly, the supermarkets could own everything about us, iykwim?

Portofino Wed 24-Nov-10 22:17:29

There have been other threads. You need a VPN. This costs but less than 10 euro per month. I am going to investigate and will do a special MN report! grin I would pay 10 euros just to watch Location, Location!

Portofino Wed 24-Nov-10 22:18:16

Well throw in a bit of Grand Designs....

AitchTwoOh Wed 24-Nov-10 22:18:38

ah yes. do tell about vpn, i actually know someone who has one over here. says it's great. but pricey.

MmeLindt Wed 24-Nov-10 22:27:14

What is vpn then?

We have Grand Designs on all the time. DH loves the series.

Romilly70 Wed 24-Nov-10 22:32:33

I just have a sky+ box - works in france. card registered at my parents in the UK.

would only be interested in I-player if i forgot to record Holby or Casualty....

AitchTwoOh Wed 24-Nov-10 22:34:39

tsk. i was only sayin'...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: