Talk

Advanced search

the accused, anyone watch?

(15 Posts)
mosschops30 Tue 23-Nov-10 21:11:20

Possibly the most uncomfortable viewing I've ever sat through. Its making me squirm, brilliant acting though

shongololo Tue 23-Nov-10 21:18:05

i loved it but yes, I agree, very upsetting and uncomfortable. I had to take a break midway.

I loved that the father becomes complicit in the conspiracy.

tethersend Tue 23-Nov-10 21:20:05

Very powerful, that one.

fin54 Tue 23-Nov-10 21:32:41

I watched it, loved it but found it disturbing and upsetting

penona Tue 23-Nov-10 23:12:23

was this the one from monday night? about the army? i started watching but found it too uncomfortable so had to turn off. but wanted to know how it ended!!

Marjee Wed 24-Nov-10 08:50:44

Penona the soldier that was being bullied shot himself and they lied and told the family he was killed in combat then his best friend reported the corporal for bullying but they refused to investigate and he became the victim or "bitch" as they called it. He killed the corporal and was charged with murder and he refused to tell the court why he did it because he wanted his friend's family to believe their son was a hero so he got a life sentence. It was really hard to watch but gripping at the same time.

I'm confused though, I thought the series was all about the man who was sent to prison in the first episode who'd found £20k in a taxi? There was no mention of him at all, did I miss an episode?

BitOfFun Wed 24-Nov-10 08:54:12

They are stand alone dramas, I think. I had to turn over too- far too upsetting. My dad taught Jimmy McGovern in a creative writing class you know <proud>

mosschops30 Wed 24-Nov-10 10:11:32

I managed to sit through it, but went to bed thinking about it, which I suppose is a good thing, not often a tv drama makes you think like that (i dont go to bed thinking about House or Desparate Housewives!!).

Thought it was brilliantly written, brilliantly acted and McKenzie Crook was just awful in it.

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 24-Nov-10 11:01:54

We watched it last night. Horrifying and thought provoking in equal measures. I don't doubt that a lot of people in the services will be upset by it.
Mackenzie Crook was scary and a tremendous actor.

firsttimemama Wed 24-Nov-10 11:09:35

Really well written drama - I managed to have some empathy for Mackenzie Crook's character and that took some doing.

shongololo Wed 24-Nov-10 11:42:36

thats what I liked about it - everyone was trying to do the right thing, everyone had the welfare of other people as their reason for their actions, and yet no one was right. I loved the idea that both lads lose their lives in different ways. deep stuff indeed.

motheroftwoboys Wed 24-Nov-10 13:10:21

It was brilliant, compulsive, wonderfully acted and written but very difficult viewing. Marjee (as bitoffun said) these are totally stand alone drams just linked by the concept of the main figure about to face judgement.

Ormirian Wed 24-Nov-10 13:12:58

Very good.

selfishmum Wed 01-Dec-10 17:25:27

This is a great series, I've watched the first 3 and they were all brilliant! How many are in the series?

FunkySnowSkeleton Wed 01-Dec-10 20:48:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now