Talk

Advanced search

Ann Widdecombe - has she no shame?

(19 Posts)
CeliaFate Tue 23-Nov-10 09:18:19

Cut and pasted from Heat mag blush Strictly Come Dancing?s Ann Widdecombe has made a plea for fans to vote her into the final of the celebrity dance competition. The 63-year-old former MP, who is partnered with pro dancer Anton Du Beke has said, ?Let me fly into the final. I would love to be in the final. Flying, slapstick, lifts, who knows what else Anton will come up with?? Of her performance in Blackpool in the weekend, no nonsense Ann commented, ?I got my sixth standing ovation from the audience ? and yes, I am counting.?

I think her attitude stinks - absolutely no respect for the fact that it's a dancing competition and no remorse that talented dancers are going out. If she's in the final the voting system has to change next year. Even when she gets the steps right she's got no flair or energy. Stomping round the floor and being flung round like a sack of spuds does not make a good final.

MardyBra Tue 23-Nov-10 09:22:49

Yep, time for a backlash.

From previous threads I think you're mainly preaching to the converted on MN. In a nutshell - not that funny (if you are over 8 years old) and her politics stink.

Dumbledoresgirl Tue 23-Nov-10 09:22:58

All they have to do next year is return to the voting system of previous years whereby the 2 couples with the lowest votes are put before the judges and they decide who stays and who goes. Surely AW would have been in the lowest 2 by now under that system?

I have stopped watching Strictly because I think it is ridiculous that she is still in the competition at this stage.

ethelina Tue 23-Nov-10 09:27:42

But it's not a serious talent programme is it? It's an entertainment show and a celebrity popularity contest. She is still there because enough people are inclined to vote for her because she is entertaining, and the judges know this. She has just as much right as the next person to canvass for votes in any way she wants, and people will vote her in or not s they choose.

gregssausageroll Tue 23-Nov-10 14:53:11

I have to agree with ethelina!

She's never going to dance like Gavin or Kara because of her age. She's giving it a shot and doing the best she can. It is entertainment.

Lydwatt Tue 23-Nov-10 15:13:16

Of course she wants to be in the final!!

It would go against every fibre in her bright yellow being to concede that she shouldn't be there.

She plays to win and always has!!!

Only the public can stop her now...God help us!

(however, I do enjoy to watch Anton flinging her around the floor like a great big sack of potatoes)

amothersplaceisinthewrong Tue 23-Nov-10 16:43:48

Has she been in teh bottom two yet? She must be getting an enormous number of votes from the public.

She really should do the decent thing and go though. She is NOT entertaining, she is just an enormous sack of potatoes. She should NOT wear yellow!!

Rockbird Tue 23-Nov-10 16:49:03

Bollocks is it a dancing competition. That's like saying x factor crud is a singing competition.

Obviously enough of the public want her in to vote her up from the bottom of the table so tough tits. Do yourself a favour and don't watch it, it's pure shite.

Lydwatt Tue 23-Nov-10 17:50:50

Anton must be delighted as its his best chance of winning it yet....

fartmeistergeneral Tue 23-Nov-10 17:53:39

I know it's an entertainment show first and a dance competition second..... but if that woman shunts Matt Baker..... she'd better watch her back angry

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 24-Nov-10 11:05:13

I don't tend to watch the programme but, when I have seen it Widdicunt stands out as being shocking.
I am all for female politicians, but she is such a horror in her views, she shouldn't have been allowed on this entertainment show.
Agree with fartmeister, if she edges Matt out she'll be in trouble.
From what I've seen, he is one of the most talented in the competition.

vmcd28 Wed 24-Nov-10 12:44:49

Agree with ethelina, even Brendan has said she deserves to be there as much as anyone else.
Like with x factor, she was invited to be there and the rules are that the public casts the votes. End of story. If it was a dancing comp, the judges votes would be all that count.
At the end of the day it's a Saturday night entertainment show. That's all. Why's everyone taking it so seriously??

slug Wed 24-Nov-10 13:26:58

I shall, however, be out protesting her speaking in favour of the restriction of abortion rights on Thursday.

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 24-Nov-10 13:39:33

Slug, that's shocking. What a manipulative way to use her 'popularity'. Cynical mare.

nymphadora Wed 24-Nov-10 13:56:40

Age has nothing to do with it. Felicity is older than Ann

pimskie Wed 24-Nov-10 15:17:34

If it really is all about entertainment, can I enter my dancing dog next year? He waltzes round the room much better than Ann grin

SpotSplatterSplash Wed 24-Nov-10 16:08:21

What do you expect? It's the same as xfactor, any sad story just to get publicity. Why should Ann be any different.

My God look at the Gillian McKeith thread.... ridiculous.

MassiveKnob Wed 24-Nov-10 16:10:32

I think The Widdy is fab. No, she cannot dance, but she gives it her all, knows she looks a right tit, but is enjoying herself and entertaining us.

Widdy to Win

PamelaFlitton Wed 24-Nov-10 16:16:14

It's not a dancing competition, it's an entertainment competition. And she is entertaining. Starship Widdecombe

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: