Talk

Advanced search

Coppers

(5 Posts)
frostyfingers Tue 23-Nov-10 08:22:56

Did anyone see this last night - god it was so depressing watching all those people get so out of their heads. I know I'm going to sound old, grumpy and decrepit but the future looks bleak for this lot!

I know drinks are cheap, but even so it must cost a bit to get as pissed as that every weekend, and do they not get hangovers and swear they'll never drink again?

DukesOfTripHazard Tue 23-Nov-10 09:53:41

I thought that balld copper was a total wind up merchant. He likes a fight. And he is verbally insulting to the punters imo.

frostyfingers Tue 23-Nov-10 11:03:34

I agree that he's provocative, but it was interesting to see it how it is. My god though, they are provoked aren't they.....I wonder if some of those people saw themselves in the cold light of day whether they would change their behaviour? I suspect not, because it seems that it's the norm.

I thought that the pubs and clubs weren't supposed to serve drunks - surely they must have some responsibilities, why aren't they prosecuted/fined or something.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 23-Nov-10 18:17:28

dh and i like this

yes blad policeman does seem a bit agressive to me but maybe you need to or the public will take the piss

did think the bald bloke who lost his trousers was a twat

evenkeel Wed 24-Nov-10 09:37:49

Must say I'm completely gripped by this series so far. And yes, Monday's was so, so depressing. Terrifying, in fact.

How did we get to the point where young people routinely behave like this? Imagine that one-mile stretch of Wakefield replicated in town centres all across the country and the mere thought is completely appalling (my nearest town is what you'd call pretty affluent, in the London commuter-belt, and even there I wouldn't fancy going out late at night on a weekend).

I'm no apologist for the police-force but on what we've seen so far I can't believe they stay so (relatively) good-humoured. I'd be resigning within 5 minutes if I had to deal with that sort of thing day-in, day-out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: