Talk

Advanced search

Merlin - fourth series?

(84 Posts)
GettingOn Sun 14-Nov-10 10:16:17

Does anyone know if there will be a fourth series?

IMO it's time Arthur finds out Merlin has magic, he becomes king and they call it a day. Still enjoy watching it every week with ds, but there's only so many storylines with Merlin saving the day without getting any credit for it!

SantasNutellaFairy Sun 14-Nov-10 10:17:19

They need to get rid of Morgana. She is really getting on my tits.

FattyArbuckel Sun 14-Nov-10 10:18:15

Agree Arthur needs to find out about Merlin's powers, but would be gutted if they called it a day at that point

We LOVE Merlin in our house!

GettingOn Sun 14-Nov-10 10:21:32

it's just time they sorted her out, those evil looks are getting boring

GettingOn Sun 14-Nov-10 10:23:18

Fatty - There's still storylines they can do I suppose with Lancelot as love rival etc

Tidey Sun 14-Nov-10 10:26:05

I think I read somewhere there is going to be another series. Agree about Morgana getting very dull. That actress must get scripts with <gives evil look and wicked scheming smile> written all over it.

Showaddywaddy Sun 14-Nov-10 10:29:38

She doesn't just give evil looks. She also strides in a billowing gown. She smirks too.

I think there are many more storylines in it. There are so many items of clothing Arthur still hasn't removed. Or Gawain for that matter.

Get rid of Uther and Morgana, make Arthur king and get some real threats in. None of this impish creature that only Merlin can see the truth of and has to outwit at the last minute in a boyish charming way, with only a mucking out of the stables as reward. No, let's have war and magic and dragons.

serenity Sun 14-Nov-10 10:35:47

Yes, there's going to be a fourth series but it's going to be slightly shorter - 10 episodes instead of 13. Not sure if that's because they're winding it up of if it's to fit in with the new format of Doctor Who (the series is going to be split into two next year, so it could be DW-Merlin-DW, if that makes sense?)

I do love Merlin, but it's been a bit samey this series, and the OTT moustache-twirling characterisation of Morgana is seriously irritating. I'm starting to prefer reading fandoms version of things than the Beebs sad

MrsDmitriTippensKrushnic Sat 27-Nov-10 12:51:39

Following on from that (it's serenity btw) this article in SFX explains the shortened fourth series, and pretty much confirms there will be a fifth smile

Dumbledoresgirl Sat 27-Nov-10 12:55:33

LOL @ "There are so many items of clothing Arthur still hasn't removed. Or Gawain for that matter." Couldn't agree more.

I came across some lovely spoiler pics for the last 2 episodes of this series: basically, Arthur and Merlin lined up with a nice array of men, including Lancelot, Gawain and Gwen's brother. I could do with that picture on my wall to keep my spirits up.

Dumbledoresgirl Sat 27-Nov-10 12:56:34

Oh I really should click on links before posting. Yes, that's the pic in the link. Nice eh? smile

MrsDmitriTippensKrushnic Sat 27-Nov-10 13:01:15

There's nothing like a picture of nice young men with their swords out to keep your spirits up <right click, save and print>

KayHarker Sat 27-Nov-10 16:57:14

Thrilled to hear it's going to continue, especially going into the finale.

KayHarker Sat 27-Nov-10 20:36:05

squee, that was a lot of fun.

Dumbledoresgirl Sat 27-Nov-10 20:37:08

Yes indeed. At last Arthur knows about Morgana!

expatinscotland Sat 27-Nov-10 20:39:01

There's no chemistry between Arthur and Guinevere. Arthur looks like he's about 12.

Dumbledoresgirl Sat 27-Nov-10 20:39:48

Oh god I fancy a 12 year old. confused

Ah, who cares? grin

KayHarker Sat 27-Nov-10 20:42:42

Now we get the Morgana-smirk-of-smug-triumph instead of the Morgana-smirk-of-secret-smugness. It's a refreshing change.

I'm Merlin's girl, me. You can keep yer Arthur.

Dumbledoresgirl Sat 27-Nov-10 20:44:09

Cool! (Can I have Gawain too or is that greedy?!)

PS Merlin is cute too but really really far too young for me - as is Arthur, but I don't care!

KayHarker Sat 27-Nov-10 20:46:31

I might fight you for Gawain.

expatinscotland Sat 27-Nov-10 20:53:17

Gawain is mine. He looks like he's actually gone through puberty.

ragged Sat 04-Dec-10 20:11:55

When did Gawain find out that Merlin has magic?

ragged Sat 04-Dec-10 20:14:14

Oops! Dc have corrected me, it's Lancelelot who knew that Merlin had magic, must be way back in Series One I guess!

Reality Sat 04-Dec-10 20:21:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DGirlsandBoysWontGetAnyToys Sat 04-Dec-10 20:53:25

Fab fab fab finale.

But woe is me, having to wait until 2012 to see more.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: