Talk

Advanced search

hope someone can clear this up for me

(4 Posts)
defyinggravity Fri 30-Oct-09 17:08:01

My teenager has asked me to get him a playstation 3 game that is an 18 certificate for Xmas ( he is 15). I know all about the moral arguments for not allowing him to have it, but I wonder if anyone can tell me if it is actually illegal to buy or give an under 18 a game that is an 18.
TIA

MaureenMLove Fri 30-Oct-09 17:17:29

I don't know about the legallities of it, but how could anyone possible police it? You could be buying it for your DH, afterall!

gorionine Fri 30-Oct-09 17:23:34

Is it possible for you to rent it from somewhere first to try it and maybe see if the 18 certificate is really justified and if you really want your DS to have it?

once you know more about it and are sure you are OK with it surely it is up to you?

defyinggravity Fri 30-Oct-09 17:37:28

Yeah, I could do that. He actually has the first one and it had a 15 rating. The second one is showing up as an 18. I'm just not sure what the best way forward is. I'm dithering over it a bit. I suppose if I knew it was actually illegal then that would make the choice easier to make.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now