Talk

Advanced search

Does the Mumsnet Jury think its particularly appropriate ....

(14 Posts)
oxocube Tue 27-Oct-09 14:03:00

for my ds's mates to describe my cooking in sexual terms? "Wow thanks ......... special brownies .............. ORGASMIC!" Not sure whether to be hmm or not! Think I'll just accept the compliment and settle for a grin!!

The joys of 14 year old boys!!!

TheFallenMadonna Tue 27-Oct-09 14:06:57

Special brownies?

Are they perhaps expecting something - extra?

Iklboo Tue 27-Oct-09 14:08:26

He probably doesn't even know what it means bless him wink

oxocube Tue 27-Oct-09 14:10:17

That's just what I was wondering grin. There are 5 of them in ds's room playing drums, keyboard and guitar (this is social studies homeork allegedly!!) and I did think that perhaps they were expecting some kind of brownie ......... with a difference grin

ErikaMaye Tue 27-Oct-09 14:10:50

LOL grin

I dunno... DP and I tend to describe very yummy dishes as "ultimate mouth sex" because we're very childish wink Orgasmic as a word has kinda slipped into general vocabulary now, really, so wouldn't be too worried. Though obviously if you find it offensive then say so.

I'd be struggling not to giggle blush

oxocube Tue 27-Oct-09 14:11:54

They are playing Nirvana, Smells like teen spirit smile

oxocube Tue 27-Oct-09 14:13:08

I did stiffle a laugh and settled for a very knowing rolling of the eyes (which they found hilarious, bless)

ErikaMaye Tue 27-Oct-09 14:15:26

Bless them grin They probably have NO idea what it means... That's so cute...

I'm sure I'll be saying something entirely different when mines 14, but for now, am going to snigger grin

PixiNanny Tue 27-Oct-09 14:22:41

Oh, they know what it means all right! I've heard kids younger than that come out with equally funny sexual terms to describe cooking (A 7-10's indie last year telling me that the PGL food was 'wank' for example!) and they know perfectly well what they mean in a sexual sense most of the time

ErikaMaye Tue 27-Oct-09 14:25:38

shock REALLY?? Oh my goodness... Maybe I shall start a list of words he will not be allowed to loose before he can talk!! grin Really shocked by wank...

Dontdare Tue 27-Oct-09 14:26:15

i would not like it and i have kids older than that

oxocube Tue 27-Oct-09 15:44:44

Actually, I'm just pleased that they said thank you! Its funny cos they are all really polite boys who will no doubt emerge from ds's room to go home and I know every one of them will say thanks for letting us come over.

PixiNanny Tue 27-Oct-09 19:35:01

Wank apparently means something that is terrible. Same with 'gash'. I hear that they are both northern things? Or I assume as most of the eople I worked with last year were northerners and found it hilarious having to explain why our night duties were nicknamed 'night gash'...

oxocube: It's always the polite kids who come out with the weirdest sayings I find... or maybe that's because the others use the more common slang that we're used too

This is making me excited to start PGLing it again next season just to hear what random things teens have come up with recently

southeastastra Tue 27-Oct-09 19:36:45

do you let them watch the adult channels wink seriously my ds(16) wouldn't say that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now