Talk

Advanced search

canvasing opinion

(23 Posts)
happymerryberries Tue 14-Jun-05 17:35:50

How would you react if you dd 912-13) had her trousers pulled down in school by a boy of the same age?

What would you want to happen to the boy?

How would you react if you were the mother of the boy?

happymerryberries Tue 14-Jun-05 17:43:51

Oh, in the playground in front of others.

anyone?

fostermum Tue 14-Jun-05 17:46:13

i wouldnt be happy, how does girl feel about it? what led up to it? did she tell anyone at school?

happymerryberries Tue 14-Jun-05 17:47:51

Mortified, totaly unprovoked.

fostermum Tue 14-Jun-05 17:51:04

does she want it taken further at school?this is bulling and intimadation, i would be on the school steps first thing tomorrow

happymerryberries Tue 14-Jun-05 17:51:43

Just want to get some views, don't want to go into detail. Thanks.

Milliways Tue 14-Jun-05 17:54:08

I would have phoned up the school as soon as told, and put written complaint in to the Head the next day. All complaints against a child, if in writing, go on their file I believe.

At DD's school, if you send a letter in someone ALWAYS phones you that day to discuss.

happymerryberries Tue 14-Jun-05 17:55:37

So you wouldn't think it was 'just something that boys of that age 'do' '?

Milliways Tue 14-Jun-05 17:58:21

No!, They should be well past that when they leave juniors. Supposing her knickers had got caught in her trousers!

fostermum Tue 14-Jun-05 18:00:23

i agree besides your daughter needs to see that this is being taken seriously and that no person has the right to touch her in any such way that she is not happy with

WigWamBam Tue 14-Jun-05 18:23:20

Good heavens, of course it's not just something that boys of this age do! They're old enough to know that it's inappropriate and humiliating. I would complain to the head teacher as soon as you can, put it in writing as well.

potty1 Tue 14-Jun-05 18:24:42

My dd (almost 12) would be mortified and I would too.

If my son did it to a girl he'd be sorted out by me big-time. I make him understand that it was humiliating for the girl involved and I would have him publicly apologise to her. And no I don't think it's something that 'boys that age do' ...... at 7 maybe but not at 12/13.

Hope she's OK hmb.

assumedname Tue 14-Jun-05 18:41:10

I would be extremely angry.

I would want the boy excluded for a week and a stern message given in assembly as to appropriate and inappropriate behaviour in the playground.

I would be mortified and extremely angry if my child had done this to another child.

That all sounds a bit ott written down, but I can just imagine the extent of my daughter's humiliation and hurt if that ever happened to her.

Gwenick Tue 14-Jun-05 18:42:52

Happened to me when I was 12yrs old, wasn't just boys involved though there were some girls too. Didn't tell my parents, or anyone else for that matter

However I'd definitely inform the schoool

suedonim Tue 14-Jun-05 19:14:54

I'd be horrified, whether my child was victim or perpetrator. How dreadful.

Milliways Wed 15-Jun-05 16:09:03

Did you report it? What did school say? [nosey emoticon]

happymerryberries Wed 15-Jun-05 16:12:38

As I say, don't want to go into details.

edam Wed 15-Jun-05 16:12:52

As everyone has said, I'd definitely report it. And expect the boy to be punished and made to apologise so that he understood that what he did was wrong. The other children who saw this also need to know that it is unacceptable and taken seriously by adults.

If I was his mother, God forbid, I'd be horrified. I'd want to know what on earth he was thinking, would also punish him and make him apologise.

Milliways Wed 15-Jun-05 16:14:01

Sorry HMB!

Mosschops30 Wed 15-Jun-05 16:17:45

Message withdrawn

HappyHuggy Wed 15-Jun-05 16:24:53

This happened to some one i know. She was 14 i think and 3 lads pulled her skirt down and touched her at the bus stop on the way home.

They were suspended from school for a while but then allowed back and she had to leave

It went to court and i think one of the lads got put in a young offenders thingy, but am not sure about that

battybox Wed 15-Jun-05 18:44:20

Just reading messages and was horrified at this thread. I'm newon MN.

i'm a TA at senior school. I know thatthis is not acceptable. As a Mum i would report this in writingto my ddd's tutor or head of year. This would then HAVE to be dealt with but sensitivly foryour daughter's sake. Hope this helps you

battybox Wed 15-Jun-05 18:45:39

Sorry my space bar is not working propery. hope you can read it OK

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now