Does your teen have a YOUTUBE channel

(11 Posts)
youtube Sat 17-Oct-09 10:05:02

do you let them upload?
Do they get comments?

what do you think about this.
And can you ask them

fortyplus Sat 17-Oct-09 10:07:31

They do but the only thing they ever put on it was this (with their young cousin): www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNPv3oQijIM hmm grin

fortyplus Sat 17-Oct-09 10:10:02

In fact I moved into the 21st century myself this week and uploaded this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHLhKzWE9TM
I'm no. 108 and first one down the waterfall after about 2.5 mins! grin

youtube Sat 17-Oct-09 10:12:16

SO not of themselves then?
Singing

Drayford Sat 17-Oct-09 10:24:55

My 16 YO DS performs his own songs at various open mike nights and one or two of the venues upload videos onto Youtube, but to their channels, he doesn't have his own channel. He does get comments.

He does have a My Space page though - not with video, but with his demo songs uploaded.

youtube Sat 17-Oct-09 10:25:30

if he were a younger girl what would he and you think?

Drayford Sat 17-Oct-09 10:27:47

How young youtube?

youtube Sat 17-Oct-09 10:56:18

13/14

Drayford Sat 17-Oct-09 13:01:34

I'm not sure I would be comfortable with a younger teen of mine (M or F) posting video of themselves on Youtube. But it depends on the content I suppose. I'd probably want to discuss it with them first and have the opportunity of seeing it for myself and keeping an eye on any comments.

There are some complete nutters who comment on Youtube - how would your DD (I presume you are talking about your DD) react to these?

The drummer in my son's band posted some video when he was 14 and had some very unkind and nasty comments made about the video - I think he found them difficult to deal with then, but now he finds them funny.

I always add a positive comment BTW as I am hugely proud of DS smile

FWIW here is my DS!

fortyplus Sun 18-Oct-09 21:19:47

ds1 is on drums. He doesn't play drums... as you can probably tell! grin

EmilyD Mon 19-Oct-09 12:58:57

We found my step daughter (12) and her friend had been using my webcam for some months to upload u-tube videos of themselves, was quite painful to watch. She has been banned from using webcam and uploading to u-tube now. We didn't realise she knew how to do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now