Talk

Advanced search

dd growing up and 'going out'

(5 Posts)
mamas12 Fri 16-Oct-09 21:36:47

My 15 yr old dd looked absolutely fucking gorgeous tonight when she went out.
Where have all the years gone?
She really is embarking on adulthood now.
(btw she was wearing an old lbd of mine!)
Don't really know why I'm posting and what I feel, glad she is so lovely and maybe sad that that's all behind me now. dunno

witcheseve Fri 16-Oct-09 21:41:14

lol, don't worry if she is going out dressed up to the nines at 15 this is a good thing. I borrowed a dress off my 30 yr old niece for DD to wear last time she went out. I dropped her off at the venue. Watched her go in to wolf whistles from the boys stood on the balcony.

15 is a good age to start.

witcheseve Fri 16-Oct-09 21:43:22

Forgot to say the time before when DD went to a party I lent her my top (I'm 48) she said she got lots of compliments about it. grin.

ADifferentMe Sat 17-Oct-09 22:17:29

DD was 16 this week. Just had 10 friends from 15 - 17 round for dinner (she cooked) and they've now left to walk to a party down the road. We live in a fairly rural village but they're all wearing weeny dresses and I had to stop myself saying, "you'll freeze dressed like that" grin.

Part of me wishes I was going too. DD is wearing grey thigh length socks and a t shirt - makes me feel old!

A lovely bunch of kids - makes me feel proud but sad it's all gone so fast. Too late too have another one???!

mamas12 Sun 18-Oct-09 21:29:38

It is for me but I say go for it! I want one but I can't now sad too late for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now