Talk

Advanced search

Kratom - think DS(1) maybe using this

(15 Posts)
lazymumofteenagesons Wed 14-Oct-09 17:03:49

Does anyone know anything about this substance. All I can find out is that it is herbal and legal. What damage can it cause?

sarasusie123 Wed 14-Oct-09 18:04:38

http://www.sagewisdom.org/kratomguide.html
http://thekratomguide.com/are-there-dangerous-side-effec ts.html

Try these links

lazymumofteenagesons Wed 14-Oct-09 18:38:50

Thanks. I'll have a look.

lazymumofteenagesons Wed 14-Oct-09 18:45:45

Well that was interesting. Where did this stuff suddenly appear from? I must be way out of date, I'd never heard of it. I'm not sure whether to confront him about it, cos I shouldn't have been looking in his room.Put something away in his cupboard and found plastic bags of the stuff.

overmydeadbody Wed 14-Oct-09 18:47:11

Is it dangerous?

overmydeadbody Wed 14-Oct-09 18:48:38

Leaves or powder?

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Wed 14-Oct-09 18:49:41

What makes you think it's this, specifically, rather than something else?

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Wed 14-Oct-09 18:50:21

Oh, just seen you found plastic bags of it. blush

<<must read whole thread>>

Sorry. blush

overmydeadbody Wed 14-Oct-09 18:50:43

Soiunds pretty harmless to me, from reading that stuff. Probably best not to confront him about it but keep a close eye on him to see if you can see it when he's on it?

lazymumofteenagesons Wed 14-Oct-09 19:58:03

It was a powder and the bags had labels on them saying what they were, otherwise I wouldn't have recognised it.

Ok it seems less dangerous than other options. I will watch him to see if I notice any behaviour changes and go from that angle if I notice anything.

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Wed 14-Oct-09 20:31:22

Might it be worth just having a chat with him about it? I mean - it's not as if you were snooping around? I always think that having an open approach to stuff like this is healthy in families.

Just stress that you're not cross, or going to stop him doing it - but why is he doing it? What sort of effect does it have?

Sorry if I'm out of line - my dc are still babies so we're not at that stage yet - but (as a former recreational drug user) I do feel that openness and honesty on things like this can work well. smile

mummyflood Thu 15-Oct-09 08:30:06

Interesting! Have 15yr old & 13yr olds myself, and I would definitely be at least curious as to where he came by it, and definitely why he is taking it. Does he know himself exactly what it is? Herbal it may be, but it has recognised effects by the sounds of it, and I would definitely want to know what he is getting from it, iyswim. How old is he, btw?

lazymumofteenagesons Thu 15-Oct-09 22:24:25

He is 18,in his final year at school. I think he has bought it off the internet. If another package arrives I will enquire as to what is in it.

TheBossofMe Thu 15-Oct-09 22:32:28

Wow - I read that your DS ^aged 1^ was using it! I was very impressed with his online skills....

TheBossofMe Thu 15-Oct-09 22:32:54

Damn - my italics don't work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now