Talk

Advanced search

15 yr dd wants to go to out of town party

(9 Posts)
alsmutko Wed 07-Oct-09 19:11:20

She wants to go to her friend's sibling party in another town some 100 miles or so away. I know the family & they're all really nice and trustworthy, including the party host. However it's a student party (ah, the memories, but at least when i went to student parties I was a student myself and not 15!). It's also a long way away and she'll be staying there overnight.

I've said no (she had already told her friend I'd said yes, somehow when she first mentioned it she thought I'd reacted positively whereas I was just thinking about it). So now she's upset.

Was I right? Am I being unreasonable?

ScaryFucker Wed 07-Oct-09 19:12:55

you are right, she should not go

lazymumofteenagesons Wed 07-Oct-09 19:23:15

YANBU- too faraway and too young for a 'student' party. If the others are all 18+ it would definitely be 'no' from me.

pointyhat Wed 07-Oct-09 19:33:56

Hmm. Would depend on the child but I would certainly consider it under those circumstances.

alsmutko Wed 07-Oct-09 19:49:09

She's a sensible and mature girl and I trust her. She also looks a lot older than 15. It's not her I don't trust it's them (yada yada)! Also she goes to a girl's school and is perhaps less used to boys and their ways.

colditz Wed 07-Oct-09 19:50:26

hell no. It will be an orgy!

alsmutko Wed 07-Oct-09 19:51:51

"hell no. It will be an orgy! "
I never went to any of those sorts of parties! Was I missing out??

mamas12 Wed 07-Oct-09 22:56:27

You are doing the right thing and you and she know it really don't ya.

alsmutko Thu 08-Oct-09 16:46:21

We had a bit of a barney about it yesterday, she went to friend's for tea but when she came back she said she knows I'm putting my foot down cos I love her and she's glad she's been given some boundaries. She mentioned some friends of a friend who haven't and said it's not good, and they have really bad relationships with their parents.

It seems I have little to worry about with dd. For now.

Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now