Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

camping party???

(15 Posts)
redsky Mon 06-Jun-05 16:46:48

dd will be 13yo in August and she has come up with the idea of having a few friends (4 or 5) to camp overnight in the garden. They could have a bbq tea, sing songs and tell ghost stories round a campfire, go on a midnight walk down the lane, etc. Do you think this is a good idea or am I going to finish up with a bunch of hysterical sobbing girls begging to go home??? Any advice anyone - or ideas to add to their fun?

MarsLady Mon 06-Jun-05 16:54:58

Fantastic idea! Wonderful.

Marshmallows to toast over the bonfire. Hot cocoa. Hot dogs. Crumpets. Yummy.

Hope they have fun.

(btw haven't seen your name on here for a while, though of course I may not have been looking)

starlover Mon 06-Jun-05 16:56:07

i had a party like this, at about the same age... we were fine. My mum left the back door open for us, so that if we got scared we could come and sleep in the sitting room!

SPARKLER1 Mon 06-Jun-05 16:56:48

Sounds like great fun - dont forget to warn the neighbours!!!!!!!!! LOL

redsky Mon 06-Jun-05 17:11:54

oooh mars- I'm really chuffed that you've noticed my absence lately. I've taken on a new role in our pub - much longer hours - and I'm loving it, but the downside is I miss my hours on MN.
Thanks for all your positive responses - I'll go ahead with confidence now I've got the ok from MN. MN has never let me down yet - FABULOUS for advice!

mumeeee Mon 06-Jun-05 20:11:15

My eldest DD did this at a friends house when she was 14 and she loved it. The girls were all fine.

Tortington Mon 06-Jun-05 20:40:44

sounds fab! baked potatos in the fire um yum

ThePrisoner Tue 14-Jun-05 21:53:23

Not so sure I'd want them walking down the lane tho' ....

redsky Thu 16-Jun-05 17:01:59

They'll have at least 3 adults with them down the lane - two organising games and the odd spooky ghost or two sur. The other adult's role will be to 'look after' the girls and ensure they don't get too freaked out!

What do you think of these ideas for the invitations?

'Horror 'N Hot Dogs' or

'A Teeny Weeny Party' (ie dd will be thirTEEN and we're gonna cook american 'weenies')

'Teens in Tents'

'Fright Night'

'Spooky Thirteen'

'Teenagers Go Wild'

Any other ideas????

redsky Thu 16-Jun-05 17:09:23

woops! that should have said 'the odd ghost or two surprising them'!

redsky Sun 26-Jun-05 05:43:16

bump

jessicasmummy Sun 26-Jun-05 09:05:25

Teens in Tents

potty1 Sun 26-Jun-05 09:50:06

Mine have done this redsky - they had a whale of a time - I was yelling out the window like a fishwife at 2 in the morning telling them to shut up and go to sleep!

HarrietsMommie Mon 27-Jun-05 18:12:31

fright night

hellsbells4 Fri 12-Aug-05 13:28:09

dd's camping party was last night and it was FAB FAB FAB!!!!!

btw i used to be redsky

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now