Talk

Advanced search

I'm taking my mum to the zoo!

(5 Posts)
LollipopViolet Sun 28-Jun-09 10:35:00

For her birthday next week. She came and told me about this little zoo (birds and meerkats and lemurs and small things like that) and said, "Maybe I'd like to go." So I asked if she'd like to go for her birthday. Now I just have to make sure she keeps her purse away, it's her day and she's being treated by me We're both keen photographers so it'll be really enjoyable I'm sure. See, not all 19 year olds are totally awful!

Any ideas for another pressie though? Need to get her something I feel. Maybe a souvenir?

serenity Sun 28-Jun-09 11:25:02

Some zoos let you 'adopt' animals. Maybe find her favourite and adopt one on her behalf - she'll get her name put up, and they usually send out newsletters about your animal as far as I know. Not sure about the cost though.

LollipopViolet Sun 28-Jun-09 19:43:03

Oh that's a lovely idea, thank you! They do run something like that at this zoo, so I'm having a look at cost now. It doesn't say a cost, just asks you to ring. Might do it before work and explain what it's for....see what they can do.

bruffin Fri 03-Jul-09 00:50:48

Some zoos do an experience day such as meet the meerkats/lemur or feed the lions for the more adventurous

LollipopViolet Tue 07-Jul-09 20:46:39

Well, we had a lovely day. I paid for our entry, and we enjoyed a good few hours taking pictures together, which was brilliant, it's so nice to share a hobby together . Then the next day, I saw a Me to You tax disc holder so bought it for her and surprised her with it.

She's more trendy than me lol she's just got herself an iPhone. Now I'm getting one for myself, because I've wanted one for a while and she's convinced me lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now