Talk

Advanced search

Particuarly - boys.......tmi, probably, but my lovely son, has, I think...

(15 Posts)
twoluvlykids Sat 27-Jun-09 14:42:53

been wearing the same boxers for a week.

I've asked for his laundry, noticed no boxers, and he hasn't got any lurking in his bedroom waiting to be washed.

Yuck and double yuck!

He's also developed an allergy to soap and water, well into it's 2nd year now, and seems to have actually forgotten where the bathroom is.

<wail!> What can I do????

brimfull Sat 27-Jun-09 14:44:12

eewww

has he not reached the vain stage yet?

does he show any interest in the girls yet?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 27-Jun-09 14:44:34

Wait it out. They get civilised eventually.

Tortoise Sat 27-Jun-09 14:46:22

My 12yr old DS1 often needs a reminder to put clean underwear on. I won't let him out until he has. Guess i won't get away with this in a year or two!

brimfull Sat 27-Jun-09 14:49:00

yes dd was reluctant to shampoo at 11/12

now she's up at the crack of dawn to wash her hair

it will kick in eventually

twoluvlykids Sat 27-Jun-09 14:51:48

No ggirl, not vain at all, not interested in girls, as far as I can work out (or boys!)

In fact, all he's interested in in his effing PS3 and food.

He's morphed!

He's intelligent, caring, kind, talented, capable, easily hurt (emotionally strong but silent), but, on the other hand, sulky, unhygenic, lazy, selfish, well, shall I just sum him up and say "Cave man in training".

I'm hoping the civilisation starts soon, especially of we're in for a long hot summer.....

Hormonesnomore Sat 27-Jun-09 15:18:53

Since my ds started working, he changes his clothes much more frequently.

But - he can go for months weeks without changing his bedding.

He's old enough to do it himself & I really can't be arsed don't have the time to do it for him, but hopefully once he has a girlfriend/whatever, the situation will hopefully change.

cornsilk Sat 27-Jun-09 15:38:49

ewwww!!
My ds is the same about socks. He's only 11 so things can only get worse. Sometimes his feet smell like digestive biscuits. I take them off in the night and swap them over when they get really bad.

unknownrebelbang Sat 27-Jun-09 15:46:55

Lovely.

Thankfully, because they do a lot of sport, they're quite good. (well one does need a prompt occasionally, but on the whole they're ok).

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Sat 27-Jun-09 15:55:49

luvly - you have to wait a while (about 3 years)

Then the aliens that took your boy and left you with a smelly, grunting lookalike will bring him back, hopefully he'll be lovely, polite, hardworking and better still will wear clean boxers everyday. grin

herbietea Sat 27-Jun-09 16:03:01

Message withdrawn

twoluvlykids Sat 27-Jun-09 17:56:38

yes - but - he's 15 ffs!

Dumbledoresgirl Sat 27-Jun-09 18:00:05

Well my 13 yo changes his underwear every day but he would wear the same school shirt all week and probably forever if I did nothing about it.

My answer to this is simply to sneak in and remove the clothes that need changing every so often - oh and to keep saying to him go and have a shower every so often.

I know I should leave him to work these things out for himself but I can't stand the thought of the consequences in the meantime!

BCNS Sat 27-Jun-09 18:01:04

oh ds1(14) goes through phases of filth

one week he's awful.. and flies might as well be buzzing above his head

the next week he's all scrubbed and spit spot LOL

I can only assume it's girls that seem to make a difference

Rindercella Sat 27-Jun-09 18:01:08

My soon to be 19 year old DSS is still adversed to showering more than just occassionally. His father often tells him that he needs to go & have a good wash, but he just shrugs.

Shame, as he is a very handsome young man - I am guessing that once he gets himself a young lady he will start to realise that cleanliness is next to Godliness grin

<omg, I still feel 19, but realise I now actually sound like my grandmother!> grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now