Talk

Advanced search

Teenager personal space/bedrooms

(5 Posts)
jampots Sat 14-May-05 23:56:21

Im thinking of starting a business selling stuff for teens' bedrooms/spaces such as bedlinen, some furniture, lighting, rugs, clocks and other accessories and gizmos. Mainly because I dont feel that this market is catered for and Im having a real game trying to find something for dd's room which is not "grown up" but not "kiddie" either.

Can I ask any mums of teens (or even the teen mums) what they feel about this or even tell me how much they would be prepared to spend on things to create their darlings' haven? TIA

jampots Sun 15-May-05 11:26:00

bump for any possible teen people

MarsLady Sun 15-May-05 11:31:53

I couldn't tell you how much I would pay as I don't really know what I would spend. I have a 12.5yo and I know that he is a big footie fan but the idea of a bedroom just covered in Arsenal bits doesn't really appeal and all the footie stuff tends to be for young boys. I wouldn't want to pay more than I would at Next for example. I do think that it is a very good idea. Do you have any ideas for what you'll be producing? Are you looking to hear what our kids like?

jampots Sun 15-May-05 11:53:38

sort of Mars but have been looking at various American suppliers as they have different stuff over there than can be bought on the high street here. Am still at the "just thinking/looking" stage but would want to sell anything that would create the persons' identity - if that makes sense. And completely agree - there is absolutely nothing for boys of your son's age.

anorak Sun 15-May-05 12:23:32

Whatever you put in their rooms, they just trash it anyway

One thing that works for us is that DD1 (15) has a double sofabed in her room as her bed. So she can use her room as a sitting room during the day and have friends up there, and can accommodate a friend to sleep over if she wants.

She also has a work station with a computer for homework. We picked most of her stuff from Ikea, in sky blue and shocking pink. Been searching everywhere for an affordable computer chair in shocking pink, cheapest I could find was over £150!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: