Talk

Advanced search

Mean mum alert!

(7 Posts)
smartiejake Wed 24-Jun-09 21:47:39

DD asked if she could go to a friend's after school and then go to their school concert together (I watched it yesterday). I asked if she had any homework. She said no. When she had gone I looked in her homework planner and it mentioned something about a maths test/ assessment.

I texted her and asked when it was. She ignored me. hmm

My dad picked her up from the school concert and took her back to his as I had a dance class. When I picked her up and asked her about the test she said it needed to be done at home and handed in tomorrow. By this time it was 9 oclock- her usual bedtime. angry

So she has to do it now while she is tired.

I told her she was not allowed to have her friend (a boy) around for tea after school tomorrow.

Cue banshee like screaming (heard by entire street as the windows are open) followed by tearful apology ("I don't really hate you,I'm just SOOOO tired!") followed by more banshee like screaming when I wouldn't give in.

She then came down stairs after about 10 mins and demanded that I help her (now 9.20 pm.)Of course I refused.

Aren't I mean! [evil cackle]

Am now sitting on my laptop and drinking a glass of red wine!grin

EccentricaGallumbits Wed 24-Jun-09 21:51:11

had just the same yesterday with DD1 revising science at 10 pm!!!!! shock
afetr I got cross and we had a slanging match discussion about when the best time to learn was. i wouldn't let her go swimming today because of it so had a further slanging match discussion about me being unreasonable.

smartiejake Wed 24-Jun-09 22:23:11

SlartyBartFast Wed 24-Jun-09 22:30:09

all sounds very familiar

annoying isnt it smile

mumblechum Thu 25-Jun-09 13:16:06

The odd time this has happened I've sent ds to bed at normal ltime but got him up half an hour earlier to do it as he just gets too shattered to think late at night

mamas12 Thu 25-Jun-09 19:10:17

Mine do this but my tactic is to send them to bed and wake them up half an hour earlier in the morning to do it. I couldn't take the tantrums at night and I was more 'in control' in the morning iykwim

mamas12 Thu 25-Jun-09 19:10:51

I should read more carefully oops

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now