Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what size bed has your teen got..

(14 Posts)
rumdontbotherreplyingmum Sun 21-Jun-09 18:32:47

am going to get a new bed for my DD who's nearly 13 and outgrown her bunkbed..
what size bed should I go for.. a single or a double? I'm looking at a divan with draws..
part of me thinks she doesn't really need a double does she...
what size have yours got

Ewe Sun 21-Jun-09 18:34:51

I think at that age a double is best if there is room.

She will be adult size soon and a double bed is far more comfortable than a single.

NervousNutty Sun 21-Jun-09 18:36:21

If you have room for a double then i'd go for that, or a small double maybe ?

Someone had just given me a small double bedframe and so I am going to let Dd1 (11) have it as that will last her until flies the nest.

FigmentOfYourImagination Sun 21-Jun-09 18:47:58

Each of mine (17, 15.5 & 6) have double beds. The room sizes are big enough to take that size so it made sense. The older 2 have had double beds since they were about 11 & 13. DD (6) has had a double since she was 4. She used to to have a single but the mattress was cheap and crap and had to go. We thought about replacing just the mattress but decied to replace the whole lot in the end. It certainly makes story time a more comfortable experience !

BitOfFun Sun 21-Jun-09 18:50:39

Dd1 has a double and has done since she was eleven. Only because she moved into the bedroom that had one in already though.

sarah293 Sun 21-Jun-09 18:50:44

Message withdrawn

rumdontbotherreplyingmum Sun 21-Jun-09 19:05:59

crikey riven... hadn't thought of that! maybe I should stick to her bunk bed smile or maybe not.... I can't think of anything worse than her doing it in my bed!

sarah293 Sun 21-Jun-09 19:14:48

Message withdrawn

mumblechum Mon 22-Jun-09 13:25:20

Single high sleeper so he has room for a 3 seater sofa underneath.

<<Mumbles wobbles at thought of ds needing a double for girlies>> before the age of 35.

LaineyW Mon 22-Jun-09 15:27:24

My DD1 (16) is convinced that she can cram a double bed into her tiny bedroom even though doing so would mean she couldn't actually open the door or get to her wardrobe...

scaryteacher Mon 22-Jun-09 17:45:34

ds 13 has a single that was part of a bunk bed system that could convert to a bed and sofa when older. I've stuck to a single as we have his friends over and can fit 3 in a room (1 on sofa/futon mattress, and 1 on IKEA fold out bed/chair thingy). Couldn't do that with a double in there.

Mumbles - I've said no girlies 'til as old as me!!!!!

rumdontbotherreplyingmum Mon 22-Jun-09 18:06:39

you've convinced me... a double it is then...

Now next question... where should I get it from?

mumeeee Mon 22-Jun-09 23:38:02

DD3 17 has a small room so has a single high sleeper and she is fine with that.

supersalstrawberry Mon 22-Jun-09 23:45:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now